TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cho Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Hannah

Stress causing me to not eat? - September 18th 2011, 03:54 AM

I have never had an eating disorder in my life and I don't believe I have one now I just didn't know what other category to put this under.

Lately my life has been causing me lots of stress and anxiety. Everything is very over-whelming and one of the things I've noticed is a huge decrease in my appetite. This has been going on now for about three weeks. For example..yesterday I didn't eat until 2pm. I had half a portion of those Mr. Noodle Cups. I lost interest in it and had to throw it away. At 4:30pm I then had a fruit by the foot. At 8pm I had a small plateful of brown rice, followed by ten raspberries around 1am. This is beginning to become a normal habit for me. I don't feel hungry in the mornings (even though I know breakfast is a very important meal) and usually don't eat until late afternoon. I only do eat when I get bad pains in my stomach and to make them go away I take small portions of food until I feel those pains again.

My safe foods:| Foods that I cant get down:
Fruit | Bagels
Soda Crackers | Meat
Cereal | Pasta/noodles
Water |Junk Food
Juice | Pizza
Oatmeal (getting harder to eat)| Anything that I think is too "heavy"
Potatoes
Yogurt
Salad

Its getting to the point where I think i'm developing this fear of being bloated. All of my "bad" foods I envision bloating me and it makes me feel sick. Whenever my boyfriend offers me something to eat I start feeling anxious and just deny everything he offers me becuase I dont like eating infront of him anymore. I'll put food in my mouth but half way through chewing it ill spit it out because its flavorless and dry and just makes me feel gross.

I don't know what i'm ...experience with something similar..advice..an explanation. I've just been worrying and I needed to write about it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
smiles07x Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Stress causing me to not eat? - September 18th 2011, 04:25 AM

well i wouldn't consider it anything yett..

like for me i have been only have dinner every night and would like throw my lunch out at school and everything because i just don't feel comfortable eating and have a fear of gaining weight. Like i cry when i there is to much food that my mom is buying or if ppl offer me food i say no always.

i know for me that i count calories and only purge if i feel i lost control when i do eat..which is why i just really have dinner now..or a small breakfast if my mom remembers that i didn't eat it.

i also weigh myself like 10 times a day and excursive whenever offered to do anything or walk i do it.

do you do any of this too? or is it just like a lost of appetite because stress can also do that to you because you really aren't "thinking" about being hungry if you have a lot of other things to focus on.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci

Re: Stress causing me to not eat? - September 18th 2011, 05:19 AM

How do you feel when you eat your "bad" foods? Is there a reason you think this has started?

"Fight the long defeat."

"Iím not going to stop because we keep losing. Now I actually think sometimes we may win."
Rest in Peace Peter.
Skittlify
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
Closed Thread