TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SarahMarie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,544, Level: 14 Points: 9,544, Level: 14 Points: 9,544, Level: 14

I have an eating disorder, - March 28th 2009, 03:12 AM

But it's not what you think.

My eating disorder is that I eat.. too much.
I suffered from bulemia in my past. Up until I met my boyfriend who taught me how to love myself, stop, and eat again. I was comfortable finally.

Well, I guess I got too comfortable. And after a while those insecurities came back, and once again I lost self control. Now the ED is back, but reveresed. Too much is going in, not coming out.

I can't control it. I have no will power when it comes to eating at all. I eat when I'm bored. When I'm stressed. When I'm happy. For a hobby.

I CAN'T STOP. I am the biggest I've ever been, I hate my body, my appearance, and myself. I've gained XXX pounds since I recovered from bulemia...

xxx pounds in 2 years
:/

Last edited by eunoia; March 28th 2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Do not post weight numbers anywhere on TeenHelp. Please read the Terms of Service and forum rules. Thank you.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Points: 20,103, Level: 20 Points: 20,103, Level: 20 Points: 20,103, Level: 20

Re: I have an eating disorder, - March 28th 2009, 03:20 AM

It is good to hear that you overcame bulimia. However, I am sorry that you developed a new eating disorder to replace it. While I am not a doctor and can't diagnose anything it sounds like you might have become a compulsive over eater. Have you ever considered getting counseling or (I know it sounds crazy) going to a hypnotist? I wish you the best of luck with developing a healthy relationship with food and having a full recovery. Recovery is possible all you have to do is believe in your strength. Feel free to PM me any time you want to talk. I am here to help and I am never to busy to listen. Take care and best wishes.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Points: 53,926, Level: 33 Points: 53,926, Level: 33 Points: 53,926, Level: 33

Re: I have an eating disorder, - March 28th 2009, 01:24 PM

Hey there, SarahMarie.

It sounds like you have been struggling for a while now. It seems your unhealthy relationship with food, and your body, is really getting you down. I'm sorry things have been rough. It's great, though, that you have your boyfriend as support and that you were able to reach out for help, here. Asking for support and advice is difficult, but it's a giant step in the right direction.

Now for the next step. I can't say, exactly, what that is for you--you are going to have to make that decision. But something I will suggest is counseling. The prospect of counseling is a scary one, for sure, but it can really, really help.

Try to remember, above all else, that you deserve to be happy and healthy. It is your right but it is also your duty to make it happen. Don't ever give up fighting--you'll come across some difficult barriers to face, but you can do it. Ask your loved ones for support and, maybe, look into counseling.

Let me know if you ever need anything, okay? Take care of yourself.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
love__me Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 16,860, Level: 18 Points: 16,860, Level: 18 Points: 16,860, Level: 18

Re: I have an eating disorder, - March 28th 2009, 04:57 PM

Hello, SarahMarie.

I am sorry that you are going through this tough time right now. I am not going to pretend to know what you are going through, because I have no ideal. But, I am here for you if you ever need to talk, and congradulations on recovering from Bulimia. Do you think you can tell your BF what is going on? He seems to be very nice, and supportive, and he might be able to help you fight binge eating as well.

You are beautiful just the way you are.
Looking like a fallen star.
Don't listen to what people say.
They don't know the real you, anyways.
Closed Thread