TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

I don't know what this can be. Ugh. :( - May 17th 2012, 10:01 PM

Ok, here's the story. Early Wednesday morning, at like 12:30 - I woke up in a little bit of pain and went to go use the bathroom. But when I went, I had some diarrhea. The pain got worse (it was all abdominal) and I went to look for the pain medication, but I couldn't find it. I went and woke my mom up. I normally don't wake her up, but the pain was getting bad and I needed the medicine. When she got up and started walking into the kitchen, the pain got 100 x's worse. On a scale from 1-10, it went from a 4 to instantly an 8. I couldn't even support myself on my legs and I fell onto my living room floor and started crying. I started feeling very very feverish and dizzy. I felt like I was about to pass out. I also felt very nauseous.

So, after like 10 minutes of it not getting better but actually a lot worse, my mom called my step dad (he works 24 hour shifts at the fire station every third day) because she couldn't pack my baby sister up and just take me to the hospital which we would have been there for a few hours. He told her he wasn't able to leave, so she called 911. The pain was a sharp, tight pain and I couldn't even move and it kept coming and going as the minutes went by. My mom asked if I was pregnant, and I told her I was sure I wasn't because I had my period. But she called 911 anyways, and they arrived in about 10 minutes. By that time, my step dad said he would come home.

The paramedics were assessing me and told me that my blood pressure was really high. I felt like puking from the dizziness and nausea. They had to pick me up and put me on my couch and handed me a puke bag and told me to take deep breathes. They asked if I wanted to go by ambulance or by our car, and my mom said by car and my step dad stayed with my baby sister. I was in PJs (no bra or anything) and didn't have time to grab shoes. By the time we got to the ER, it was around 1:30.

I took a UA and went back to this room. They took my blood pressure again and it was still elevated, but it had gone down just a little (my blood pressure has always been normal, so it wasn't a normal thing for it to be high). They took me back into this room and told me it might be my gallbladder. They asked where most of the pain was, but I couldn't answer that. The pain had started under my ribs and then radiated around me and down to my pelvic area - then my whole abdominal area was in bad pain. But I kind of touched the left side, because the left hurt a little more than my right and they said "Oh, it's impossible to be your gallbladder if it's not on your right side". My cousin told me that when she had gallbladder attacks though, sometimes the pain was on her left side.

Keep in mind that this was a few hours after I had eaten spicy foods and ice cream that day.

They did an ultrasound on my ovaries to see if I had a cyst, but I didn't. They gave me medicine for my nausea. Then, they told me it was an intestinal/stomach virus. Thing is, I'm not throwing up. Haven't had anymore diarrhea since that one time. My stomach doesn't hurt. But, they told me for the first 12 hours yesterday stay on nothing but liquids and then the next 12 hours, stay on light soups. After that, get back on solid food. So, yesterday I had nothing but broth, water, and sprite (which helped with the nausea and didn't hurt). This morning I had soup with mostly broth and only a few pieces of chicken. I woke up in a lot of pain and had to miss 1st block to sleep in because the pain was so bad. All day the pain has just been off and on, but not as bad as it was before.

For lunch, I ate this potato soup (the thickish brothy part, but not the potatoes). That was fine. It hurt a little, but went away by later on at school. When I got home, I slowly ate this sandwich and 10 minutes after I ate it, the pain came back so strong I couldn't stand it.

The doctors said it was a virus. Everyone else says that it's not a virus and that it sounds a lot like something else. I just want to be able to eat without feeling in pain.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
trinityoflove Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Caitlin

Re: I don't know what this can be. Ugh. :( - May 19th 2012, 12:47 PM

I had gallbladder attacks for months before the doctors decided thats what the problem was. It sounds a lot like the symptoms I had. My advice would be to get a second opinion. If you have the means to do it, ask for them to do an ultrasound of your gallbladder to confirm/deny it. In the meantime, I'd say stay away from fried foods or anything high in fat and cholesterol just in case.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.
  Send a message via Yahoo to trinityoflove  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

Re: I don't know what this can be. Ugh. :( - May 20th 2012, 03:32 PM

That's what we're going to do, thank you

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: I don't know what this can be. Ugh. :( - May 21st 2012, 09:02 PM

It sounds like when you eat anything that isn't like.. soft/mushy you've been having issues... I don't want to scare you or anything, but theres a chance it could be a stomach ulcer. I know a few people that have had those... It could still also be something with your gallbladder.. I definatley reccomend getting a second opinion, elsewhere like what trinityoflove said. You never know. But yeah.. stay away from the foods that seem to trouble you, and anything loaded in fat/cholesteral.. and probably anything really spicy.

I hope you get it figured out soon. Being in pain isn't fun.. clearly.. haha.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.

Closed Thread