TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nonym94 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Stretch Marks - May 19th 2012, 03:02 AM

I got stretch marks during a period of depression in my mid teens, during which I gained weight pretty fast. I'm losing weight now, but I still have a spiderweb of stretch marks all over my butt and hips, and several stretching up my hips as well as my breasts.

My questions are tandem. Will they ever fade? I'm using cocoa butter, but even if the color fades, I've noticed that my skin is still rippled. My second question is will men be able to look past that? For this question I want real answers.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Re: Stretch Marks - May 19th 2012, 03:35 AM

Hey Nonym.

This is actually the wrong forum, but I'll answer anyway.

Let's be completely honest here. I have stretch marks on my stomach (I actually gained weight really fast, then lost it really fast), on my inner thighs, behind my knees, on my biceps and down the middle of my back. Majority of the latter ones are from growing upwards really quickly (as obvious by them being horizontal lines rather than vertical). Personally, I know a lot of guys who have stretch marks. My best mate won't take his shirt off because of them, and girls question why he's so self conscious about them. 9 of my other friends also have stretch marks - and I don't have a lot of friends. Stretch marks are really common in both males and females and to be honest, you'd have to be really shallow to care about other peoples' stretch marks. Majority of guys, if they're typical guys, won't care and won't even comment.

As for how to make them fade faster, I can only suggest cocoa butter. I've never used any for mine, and they're mostly faded. Yes, they stick around afterwards, but there's nothing you can do to fix that aside from cosmetic surgery or laser surgery.

Give it some time. You'll accept them as part of you soon.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Stretch Marks - May 19th 2012, 04:55 AM

I have stretch marks on my inner thighs, my breasts, and my hips. My boyfriend has them on his back from a huge growth spurt he had. The honest truth is that any guy worth keeping isn't going to care about stretch marks; a lot of people have them. Any halfway decent guy would look past that and see the beautiful person you are.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Stretch Marks - May 19th 2012, 05:42 AM

Hey there, I moved this over to General Health for you because it fits better here.

And I agree with Haru, lots of people have stretch marks and decent people will be able to look beyond that. We all have some flaws, but it doesn't change who we are and it doesn't mean that you are unattractive by any means.
Cocoa butter will help as well as losing weight, but I think what will really help get rid of stretch marks would be to do some exercises that tone your body to help tighten the skin.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jas Offline
aka Xamed
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Stretch Marks - May 19th 2012, 11:35 AM

They'll never go completely away, but they do fade over time.

Re: attraction, well, they're not the prettiest things ever but it might help to look at them as tiger stripes rather than blemishes. Personally, I'm COVERED with them and only one of my sexual/romantic partners has ever even brought them up with me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: Stretch Marks - May 21st 2012, 08:57 PM

Cocoa butter and Vitamin E oil help fade them from being the reddish-purple color. But once they're kind of silver-ish? the texture takes much longer to change.. but i have some on my thighs i've had since i was 9 (I'm 16 now..) and you can't see them anymore.. or feel them, really. so yes over a long time they do go away.. it just takes forever. haha.

decent people will look past it. If they don't? they're not worth your time. (:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
nonym94 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Stretch Marks - May 25th 2012, 03:36 AM

Mine are sort of in a spider web/wave pattern all down my lower back to my thighs. I know I said that before, but now I'm wondering- Is having that much unusual?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
millerdancer15 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Re: Stretch Marks - May 28th 2012, 06:18 AM

I used to be really underweight, then I gained a bunch of weight so that I was actually a little bit overweight, then lost a bunch of it again. SO, I do have a bunch of stretch marks all over my thighs and butt. It's been a while, and they've faded to the same color as the rest of my skin by themselves, but the texture is still there. A lot of people have them though, so it's not a big issue.

I was really self conscious about them, but I hardly ever think of them anymore they're so faded. Plus, I'm kinda modest so I never wear shorts short enough to show them, unless I'm wearing a swimsuit. :P

People don't cry because they are weak. People cry because they have been strong for too long.

Closed Thread