TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

View Poll Results: Is this normal?
Yes, completely normal 0 0%
Sort of weird 0 0%
Not normal 1 100.00%
Your crazy 0 0%
Voters: 1. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Is this normal?? - June 5th 2012, 06:52 PM

Everywhere I go I always have to find an escape route. In every room, place or house I go into I have to make a scenario on how to get out. I also analyze people to see if they could be a threat or be a danger...I'm not claustrophobic or anything so it doesn't make any sense. I haven't had any bad things happen to me that would trigger this. I just feel like someone is always out there looking for me...I also had nightmares in the past that were really bad, but those seem to die down, that or I got use to them. But this paranoia is noticeable, my friends laugh and say that I'm a spy because I'm always looking over my back and staring at people to get a reading on them. I also have hyperactive reflexes, I don't know if that effects this or not but they do make me kind of jumpy....any ideas?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tegan Offline
Make a wish...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tegan

Re: Is this normal?? - June 8th 2012, 08:44 PM

Hey (:

I haven't voted because I don't think it's possible to vote on "normal", I mean what's normal for one person is completely abnormal for another? There's no way to vote on normality!
My opinion on what you're saying is that there doesn't seem to be a problem unless it is detrimental to your everyday life? Do you think that your perceived paranoia is having a negative impact on your day to day life? If you think it is then maybe you could talk to someone about it? I don't think that there is anything wrong with being cautious, some people naturally are more observant of the world around them and have a greater sense of self preservation, others (including myself!) are completely unaware of what is going on around them and the people that surround them.
You say that your friends notice and laugh about it, do you think they're saying it because they are concerned or just because they're your friends and like to laugh about things (I know my friends mock me all the time, so I'm just covering all the bases!). If you think your friends are concerned then maybe you should address the reasons that they might be concerned, do you think your paranoia is impacting your ability to approach new or unknown situations and people?
Ultimately I would say that if you are worried about these things, especially the nightmares, then you should feel able to talk to a doctor or someone else who's more aware of behavioural attributes about them. If you're not worried then relax But that is only my opinion?[/size][/color][/font]

You are the one, the one who lies next to me,
Whispers "hello, I missed you quite terribly"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is this normal?? - June 9th 2012, 09:05 PM

Its always good to know how to analyze people as you described.I do this as well... I feel nervous around certain people to know they are bad.... only find out later that the person Ifelt nervous around committed a crime, so Its always good to have that kind of sixth sense.

Closed Thread