TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

6 Advil all at once? - June 13th 2012, 08:42 PM

I took 6 Advil all in one setting and I was wondering if that was bad, I just read the dosage and it said 1-2 pills every 4-6 hours but it said Do not exceed 6 pills in a 24 hour period, so am I still good b/c I only took 6? I've taken 4 all at once before and I didn't notice anything weird...

When I'm sad I think, "I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt!"

You can't change fate, but you can change your attitude towards it.
Former user: xArchDreamerx

Became a HelpLINK mentor on July 13th, 2013

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Vaughndy7 Offline
Voglio solo essere bella...
Average Joe

Name: Toni

Re: 6 Advil all at once? - June 13th 2012, 09:15 PM

It is not good to exceed the usual dosage but the only thing I have ever noticed with these things is possibly nausea, dizziness, and sleepiness. Just wondering why you took 6 at once... Was it somehow an accident or something else?
PM me if you need

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."
"People cry, not because they are weak. It's because they have been strong for too long."
"Everthing will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it's not the end."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: 6 Advil all at once? - June 13th 2012, 11:15 PM

The normal dosage of Advil doesn't work anymore for me because my body has gotten use to it, 4 use to do the trick but now I want a stronger dose that lasts longer, so this time I took 6.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Re: 6 Advil all at once? - June 13th 2012, 11:20 PM

if the original dosage doesnt work switch it up with something else. I switched to Aleve and that works wonders. Might want to ask a doctor but usually switching OTC painmeds will let your body reset itself.

I had the same problem and had to take around that amount to get it to work. I dont mean to seem like a commercial but two aleve really does last me

"To suspect your own mortality is to know the beginning of terror; to learn irrefutably that you are mortal is to know the end of terror." -Frank Herbert

“To love our enemy is impossible. The moment we understand our enemy, we feel compassion towards him or her, and he or she is no longer our enemy.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: 6 Advil all at once? - June 13th 2012, 11:47 PM

It can be bad for you because it can cause you to get a stomach ulcer if you take to many, even if you are just taking 2 every 2 hours (instead of 4)... However, that might be tylonel I'm thinking of too, but I am pretty sure Advil has the same potential problem... You can also get an ulcer from to many in one go, but 6 in one go is a problem because it could harm your health, it could cause problems for your liver (even if it is long term) by forcing it to work to hard, it could also cause an over dose if you are not careful.

I am not sure what is wrong with you. Is it an injury or are you sick? In any case, you should probably consult a doctor and let him/her know that advil is not helping you. Mean while, you could take tylonel or aspirin and see if there is improvement in that aspect. I personally find tylonel and advil does little for me, so if I have a legit injury I am better off just getting a T3 prescription, which is like what extra strength tylonel SHOULD be like cause I don't react to the codeine like normal people do, and use aspirin for headaches. But aspirin thins the blood out so if you have blood issues or heart issues don't take it (but your docs probs already told you if that is an issue).

You should PM me if you wanna talk about it more cause I have a lot of experience with this stuff so yeah

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: 6 Advil all at once? - June 14th 2012, 12:24 AM

They can't figure out what's wrong with my back, neck and shoulders but I am in constant pain, they gave me prescription pain killers but I used them all up and my parents don't want me taking them, Tylenol doesn't work on me very well, I will have to try Aleve or something.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: 6 Advil all at once? - June 14th 2012, 01:17 AM

Okay I feel really bad right now :/ bad idea of me

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Vaughndy7 Offline
Voglio solo essere bella...
Average Joe

Name: Toni

Re: 6 Advil all at once? - June 14th 2012, 01:35 AM

Switching pain relievers for a while usually helps me as I have had to do this many times. Just taking more is usually not good and most of the time doesn't work anyways. If tylenol does not work for you I would go to Aleve (generic is naproxen), I found this stuff to be the most helpful.
Hope it helps

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."
"People cry, not because they are weak. It's because they have been strong for too long."
"Everthing will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it's not the end."

Closed Thread