TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Two things. - June 14th 2012, 11:37 PM

Number one. I was staying at my girlfriends house and I just felt itchy all over, I thought it was just a random thing and thought nothing of it but over the few days I was there, I had what looked like insect bites appear in places, I had them on my thigh, my wrist and seeing as my bellybutton was itchy too, I'll mention there. I applied a cream made for insect itches but it didn't seem to make it stop so I'd end up having to itch like a mad person for about 5 minutes before I decided to stop as it got sore. Now, on both my wrists and both my thighs, I've got a group of small, red spots, it looks almost like a rash. It's itchy and if I itch it too much, it bleeds and the ones on my thighs are sore cause my trousers rub against them. I got the ones on my thighs first and then they appeared my wrists, Its sort of like I had an itch so I itched it and then they appeared because I feel I would have noticed them before. The ones on my thighs seem to stay but on my wrists, it's only if I itch that they appear.

It's making me feel uncomfortable because I just feel itchy because of it, it isn't all the time but when it comes on, it's annoying because I don't want to make it worse by itching it but it's hard to stop and as I said, my trousers are rubbing on my thighs which are causing them to be sore.

Number two. A problem I've mentioned before, not long ago actually. I've got a red area on my bikini line. It started off as a itch which I itched, then I noticed it got red so I kept an eye on it and since then, it's gotten dry and sort of picky skin, for lack of a better way to describe it and now it's less red and only dry/picky around the area and there is also a few red spots above it. I've also noticed a little patch of whatever it is on the other side so, not only am I worried about what it is, I'm worried it's spreading!

It can be sore if I itch it too much (again, it gets too much and I have to give in) and occasionally my underwear can rub and make it sore. It's gone down and seems to have gotten better since I've had it. I've applied creams designed for itches and I've applied salvon as well.

So, opinions? I'm hopefully going to get myself a doctors appointment to get these checked out tomorrow but the chances of that are slim as it's a case of ringing repeatedly in hopes you get through from the moment it opens so I'm hoping you guys will have some idea in case I can't get an appointment. Any ideas and help are very much appreciated.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Re: Two things. - June 16th 2012, 03:41 AM

Have you started using a new lotion or skin applicant of some sort? It could be a allergy. Other than that, I have no idea.
Sorry I couldn't be of much help. :/
Let us know how the doc's goes!
~Paula

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Two things. - June 16th 2012, 04:26 AM

For number one, have you heard of scabies?

I've had it a few times and it sounds something like what you're experiencing. If that is the case, then your doctor will know straight away. Treating it is really easy, so it's really just a pain in the butt until it's treated.
Aside from that, I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

For the second one, I have no idea sorry. At first I thought eczema, but I honestly don't know. Either way, it's good that you're seeing a doctor, and your doctor should be able to tell you what's going on pretty quickly - most of them are very good at noticing and treating common skin conditions. And if it turns out to be something your doctor doesn't know what is, then they can refer you to a dermatologist.
=]

Closed Thread