TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Ringing in ears? Should I? - June 28th 2012, 11:32 PM

Okay, for as long as I can remember (yes, even as a child) I've had ringing in both my ears, I have no hearing issues but sometimes it becomes annoying as hell and I can't stand it.

It horrible and I hate it. Should I see a doctor about that? I'm going to the doctors on July 13th for a physical and another issue, but the issue isn't for my ear...

Should I tell my doctor, that I have ringing in my ears? I mean I checked the "Yes" box on the new patient form thingy for health problems/issues and I checked "Yes" when they asked "Do you have ringing in the ear?"

I mean I'm going to a new doctor and when I go will he check out my medical records and will he also look at the medical history check list that I filled out when I signed the forms and stuff? I'm not really sure.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ImiD Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Imogen

Re: Ringing in ears? Should I? - June 29th 2012, 12:03 AM

I would get it checked out by the doctor. The only reason I can think of is sometimes if you constantly listen to loud music through headphones or something like that you can get ringing in your ears. If that is not the case, then I would get it checked out xx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Re: Ringing in ears? Should I? - June 29th 2012, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImiD View Post
I would get it checked out by the doctor. The only reason I can think of is sometimes if you constantly listen to loud music through headphones or something like that you can get ringing in your ears. If that is not the case, then I would get it checked out xx

I even had this as a child and of course I thought it was normal to have ringing in the ears, but apparently it's not.

When I younger, I never listen to loud music at all by ear phones and I was like 6 too so back then 6 year old never had ipods then.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Ringing in ears? Should I? - June 30th 2012, 11:36 PM

The fancy medical lingo for "ringing in your ears" is tinnitus. It varies from person-to-person, some have it randomly, others have it in only 1 ear, some may have hearing difficulties, etc... . Unfortunately, there are many, many potential causes for tinnitus and one of them is loud sounds. Another one is sounds that aren't very loud but last for a long time. These are the two causes doctors will initially ask about because they're the easiest to treat, however, it could be almost anything else. Since you had it when you were a child, it's quite possible you had (and maybe still have) chronic bacterial otitis media or repeated cases of acute bacterial otitis media. These can only be determined by the doctor using an otoscope or bringing you to a clinical audiologist for hearing tests, although the latter is less common and often more expensive.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
JaneLovie Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ringing in ears? Should I? - July 3rd 2012, 11:24 AM

Often ringing sound in era is a symptom of tinnitus. Though this is not a disease, it can cause neurological damages or hearing loss. So it is advisable to consult your doctor and get treatment.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
pegyy896 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ringing in ears? Should I? - July 5th 2012, 09:21 AM

Yes, you should go to the doctors. The ringing in ear may cause deaf as I know. Just a few times, I have such a phenomenon, so no big deal for me. But it's really not good to bear it if the ringing lasts long.

Closed Thread