TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

How can I make it grow faster? - July 5th 2012, 03:56 AM

Okay, I was outside at my neighbors house lighting smoke bombs. I was stupid lit one and held it in my hand and not throw it. The smoke bomb then some how broke in my hand and burned me.

I quickly ran into the house and washed the black off from the bomb, but then I should have been happy with no black, I pulled on the skin and made a small hole in my skin. Now it burns like heck and I want the skin to grow back quickly.

When I got back home I put hydrogen peroxide and then took a shower and put more peroxide and then I put antibiotic cream and now before I go to bed I put more cream and a band aid on my finger.

How can I make the skin go back faster and am I doing the right thing by putting antibiotic cream and peroxide and then covering up at night? Thanks in advanced for the answers.

Of course I know you are not professionals.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#2 (permalink)) Old
pegyy896 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How can I make it grow faster? - July 5th 2012, 09:13 AM

I don't think you should worry about it, it will be back soon, just relax. The bomb didn't hurt you much, so relax.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: How can I make it grow faster? - July 5th 2012, 09:17 AM

These things take time and as much as you might want it to heal fast, it'll heal at it's own pace. When I burnt myself (assuming that's what you did, sort of) I was told not to cover it up and let it heal that way. It might hurt but if you just cover it up in the day so you don't catch it and when you go to bed or you're just chilling then leave it uncovered and see if that helps it heal.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: How can I make it grow faster? - July 5th 2012, 02:43 PM

I have used this cream called Savlon - skin healing cream. It's pretty awesome. It even works on aggravated acne and such.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Re: How can I make it grow faster? - July 5th 2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDF View Post
I have used this cream called Savlon - skin healing cream. It's pretty awesome. It even works on aggravated acne and such.

Where can I get that type of cream.

I also never told my parents about it too, and my choice was to let it air all day long and then at night cover it, because my bed needs to be washed again and I don't trust my bed. The band aid didn't seem to hurt.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: How can I make it grow faster? - July 5th 2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie7519 View Post
Where can I get that type of cream.

I also never told my parents about it too, and my choice was to let it air all day long and then at night cover it, because my bed needs to be washed again and I don't trust my bed. The band aid didn't seem to hurt.
I don't know where to get it. My mum gave it to me. You should be able to get it from any ordinary chemist, if not then order online. Even if it takes 2 or 3 days to arrive and you want it ASAP... it's a great cream to have handy in the future. Google it.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Re: How can I make it grow faster? - July 5th 2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDF View Post
I don't know where to get it. My mum gave it to me. You should be able to get it from any ordinary chemist, if not then order online. Even if it takes 2 or 3 days to arrive and you want it ASAP... it's a great cream to have handy in the future. Google it.

I live in the USA not the UK... I don't think we would have it then.

I did after my shower this morning I found some first aid cream and put it on after I put more peroxide on my wound. I'm also worried about the puffed up skin around my open wound. But I've had wounds like these before and they healed just fine.

I'll show this to my mom (As she is a nurse) after a few days and tell her I don't know how I pulled my skin off. Then she'll probably take me to see my doctor.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: How can I make it grow faster? - July 6th 2012, 11:56 AM

The puffy skin is probably normal. Your skin is going to be irritated around it, causing inflammation. You might try an ice pack on it to see if it helps any, and an anti-inflammatory (such as Ibuprofen).

If you notice any yellow or green puss coming out of the wound, it is likely infected. If the skin around it becomes red (not just a small area surrounding the wound, but if it continues to branch out) it's likely infected.

Just keep putting antibiotics on it and keeping it uncovered when you can. Try not to poke at it or rub it. Also, drinking plenty of water can help you heal faster. It gives your skin more 'life' to it and has been shown to heal faster with more water intake.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Smile Re: How can I make it grow faster? - July 6th 2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie7519 View Post
I live in the USA not the UK... I don't think we would have it then.

I did after my shower this morning I found some first aid cream and put it on after I put more peroxide on my wound. I'm also worried about the puffed up skin around my open wound. But I've had wounds like these before and they healed just fine.

I'll show this to my mom (As she is a nurse) after a few days and tell her I don't know how I pulled my skin off. Then she'll probably take me to see my doctor.
If you live in the US, then triple antibiotic cream, or some other type of first aid cream should be fine. It's gonna be inflammed, because the bomb caused physical trauma to your hand, so take a deep breath and relax.
If you decide to tell your mom, don't lie about it, because if the bomb lodged a piece of itself in the wound she's gonna need to know. Just tell her you were being stupid.
Hope I helped,
~paula

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Re: How can I make it grow faster? - July 6th 2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkMagicx View Post
If you live in the US, then triple antibiotic cream, or some other type of first aid cream should be fine. It's gonna be inflammed, because the bomb caused physical trauma to your hand, so take a deep breath and relax.
If you decide to tell your mom, don't lie about it, because if the bomb lodged a piece of itself in the wound she's gonna need to know. Just tell her you were being stupid.
Hope I helped,
~paula
It actually left a black mark on my finger. However when I washed my hands, the black came off but I was stupid and pulled on the skin making the hole, It's not infected or any puss and is actually healing quite nicely and to be surprised no inflammation what ever.

The skin is actually healing with no pain now.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Re: How can I make it grow faster? - July 6th 2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post
The puffy skin is probably normal. Your skin is going to be irritated around it, causing inflammation. You might try an ice pack on it to see if it helps any, and an anti-inflammatory (such as Ibuprofen).

If you notice any yellow or green puss coming out of the wound, it is likely infected. If the skin around it becomes red (not just a small area surrounding the wound, but if it continues to branch out) it's likely infected.

Just keep putting antibiotics on it and keeping it uncovered when you can. Try not to poke at it or rub it. Also, drinking plenty of water can help you heal faster. It gives your skin more 'life' to it and has been shown to heal faster with more water intake.
I have no irritation or inflammation. This morning when I looked at it the puffy skin has gone down and really there is no infection or puss and I now have no pain. It's slowly getting better. I'll increase my water intake and I hope that helps.

Closed Thread