TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
erikarouillard Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Erika

Unhappy My broken jaw - August 26th 2012, 03:41 AM

Hey everyone!
Before I tell you all my story, i"ll tell you a little about myself first.
Im from France but moved to America 4years ago; Im 17 and live in west philadelphia. This year I'll be a senior but my junior year wasnt so great so during the summer I had to take precalc classes at some community college.
This is how it all started.
I have my math class everyday at 9;30 so last monday morning I left my house at around 8:50 and got to the bus stop at 9. I was sitting on the fire hydrant and started listening to my ipod.
Next thing I know, I found myself on the ground shaking with blood everywhere. I got up and felt my tooth moving. A man saw that was parking his car saw me shaking with blood so he came up to me and asked if i was ok. I clearly wasnt, I couldnt find my bag, my phone or my ipod. He drove me homee. My sister took me to the hospital. Turned out my jaw was fractured at two places, right by my right ear and in the middle of my chin. I had to have surgery thursday and I left the hospital friday. My mouth is completly shut so Im on a liquid diet and its difficult for me to talk. This is the worst thing that had ever happened to me. My mouth has to stay shut for at least 3weeks. I feel horrible and my mouth hurts really badly.

The doctors believe that someone tried to pull my bag and pushed me on the firehydrant which made me lose conscious and a little bit of memory. I have no idea who that person is but the police is working on it.

School starts in 2weeks and i really dont know what im gonna look like.

If any of you have ever been in situations like this please tell me what to do. Im miserable .

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Re: My broken jaw - August 26th 2012, 08:26 PM

First, I'm glad that the rest of your head is alright. You could of gotten some bad brain damage. I'm sure though that you'll turn out alright when school starts. You might have to explain a few times and if it hurts to talk, Try printing some papers explaining that your jaw was broken and that it hurts to talk to give to your teachers to help explain better.

Best of luck in your recovery

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: My broken jaw - August 26th 2012, 11:04 PM

I'm sorry that happened to you, that must really suck For school, I would e-mail your teachers in advance. Let them know about this so they won't call on you or anything so you won't have to be embarrassed in front of the class. Bring along a notepad and pencil on the first day so you won't have to say everything, just write it. I wish you a fast recovery and I know the first day of school is scary for everyone especially someone in your situation but I'm sure you'll still make friends. The people who don't judge you for not being able to talk will be the ones that will be good friends. Hang in there and keep us up to date with what happens.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread