TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
HoneysweetPanda Offline
こんにちは、お元気ですか?
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nikita

Exclamation Oww my bladder! - November 2nd 2012, 02:59 AM

I put female advice cause this is happening in my girly parts....
Can somebody tell me why sometimes when i go and pee it hurts to my very soul and beyond, like it stings, and im left with the feeling like i still need to pee even if i just went.... it usually passes after a bit or after i lay down, but it worries me that i might have an infection. Note how i dont wanna talk to my dad about my girl parts, itd be weird, plus hed probably take me to a gyn, which would be weirder so naturally ive never told him about it... help >n<

"Rolling Girl always looked at unreachable dreams Making a fuss if you got inside her head and disturbed, disturbed. No problem. Was murmured, but weren't those words lost?" - Wowaka ft. Hatsune Miku (Rolling girl)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Oww my bladder! - November 2nd 2012, 03:03 AM

Hey there, it could be a urinary tract infection, I often get this but it passes after that day. So it may go away but if it continues do go to a doctor.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: Oww my bladder! - November 2nd 2012, 12:44 PM

Urinary tract infection is a possibility.
My cousin got it once. The doctor advised her to drink loads and loads of water.
It usually goes away in a few days. However, seeing a doctor for a second opinion won't hurt.
Take care!
xx

All we can do is Keep Breathing...!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: Oww my bladder! - November 2nd 2012, 02:42 PM

Intense pain is usually an indication that you should see a doctor. Even if it is just a UTI, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Oww my bladder! - November 2nd 2012, 07:43 PM

if it is a uti, drink tons of water and cranberry juice. If it doesn't go away, I really suggest talking to your dad. Even if you don't tell him exactly whats going on, just ask him to make you a doctors appointment. If left untreated, uti's can sometimes lead to kidney infections, which are insanely painful.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Oww my bladder! - November 2nd 2012, 10:39 PM

Of course, we are not medical professionals, but this does seem like a sign of an infection. I know that even though you don't want to tell your dad since this does involve female parts, your health is really important and it is important to get this checked out before it has the chance to get worse. You can even say that you've been having a lot of pain when using the bathroom and would like to get it checked out, so you're not going into graphic detail. Better to be safe than sorry, definitely get it checked!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Oww my bladder! - November 3rd 2012, 01:53 AM

I'd say get it checked out, whenever I've had a UTI they give me antibiotics

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#8 (permalink)) Old
AnaMZ Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Oww my bladder! - November 5th 2012, 09:59 AM

Hi there,

It certainly sounds like classic symptoms of a urinary tract infection (UTI), as others have pointed out. Unfortunately for me, I get them chronically, so here's my advice on how you can deal with it.

Firstly, see your doctor as soon as you possibly can if you start having symptoms (urge to urinate, stinging sensation, also sometimes stomach pains) - they will probably test you for the presence of bacteria in your urine, and prescribe you an antibiotic. It's vital that you see a doctor, even if your symptoms come and go - trust me, the symptoms going away does NOT mean that the infection has gone away. If left untreated, bacteria can travel further than just the urinary tract and lead to serious complications such as a kidney infection, which can require hospitalisation. If you are experiencing back pains or any unusual aches, you should visit them again, even if you already have.

Anywho, all warnings aside, you should also drink plenty of fluids (I mean HEAPS), and resist the urge to urinate all the time. This seems to ease the symptoms more quickly than living in the bathroom! Some people recommend drinking cranberry juice - there's actually no scientific evidence that supports the theory that it helps with urinary health, but it certainly can't hurt to drink more fluids anyway. I find that lying in the foetal position, with a wheat pack or hot water bottle, helps ease the symptoms. It's a great help to have something to distract you, like watching television. It seems silly, but getting infections often can really take a toll on your sanity, so do try to keep your mind occupied with other things.

If you are sexually active, this can increase the likelihood of UTIs, as... well, sex isn't exactly a neat sport, is it? You can minimise the risk here of contracting a UTI by urinating before and after sex - contrary to popular belief, men can also contract UTIs, although they are far less common, so if you have a male partner he should ideally do the same.

I hope this info helps - your doctor will of course give you plenty more advice. I wouldn't wish this on anybody else, so I hope all works out for you!

Dear You,
You can make it through this. The clouds will not last forever.
From Me.

Closed Thread