TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Unhappy Sick, sick, sick, SICK! - November 3rd 2012, 08:54 AM

Yuck, I feel terrible. I really do. In the past three days,actually I'll begin with the start.
Over a week ago I started to get a bit croaky, stupid voice would cut out, shit like this. Fast forward a bit, three days ago I had this headache for the day, finally with relief after taking some aspirin. The next day, yesterday, I had yet another headache, and I fell asleep in class due to it (I have never done that before, even if I really am exhausted), today: Woke up, went for a beach walk and then dun dun dun, nausea settled like a stone in my stomach and the headache. I took two massive panadol and after that it seemed to get worse, both. I thought I'd have to puke out the window. Luckily I did not do that coz that is just awkward -wipes sweat from forehead- but then I feel asleep, on a freaking bumpy road. I slept for an hour in the car and only woke to get inside and then collapsed back in bed.

But, I have a question, in all this, I haven't had a fever. So, is it possible to have a flue and not have a fever, because usually fever's are significant for the white blood cells to be fighting off the bugs. I mean, I have never been sick and not had a fever through it. Although, I do feel warm at times and only feel cold when I have a jet of cold air on my face. Even then in cooler places, no fever, in warmer places, I'm boiling.

I hate being sick, and this came at an awfully convenient time. End of year exams. Could stress be a part of this to? Thanks for any help you guys can give me, thanks for reading it also.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
aqua Offline
retro machine comes inbetween
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sian

Re: Sick, sick, sick, SICK! - November 3rd 2012, 08:59 AM

I had something like that a couple of weeks ago, i think its just the season y'know?
I first thought it was my meds because we had recently upped it to a 40 mg but it ended up that it was just a bug.
You should probably feel a bit better after a few days, get lots of rest x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Sick, sick, sick, SICK! - November 3rd 2012, 09:02 AM

There are so many around me whom are sick, but they are more coughing and sneezing, while I just feel ready to collapse... I need more aspirin. Second headache of the day and I'm petrified of taking more than one nowadays....

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
AnaMZ Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Sick, sick, sick, SICK! - November 5th 2012, 10:15 AM

Have you been to see a doctor yet? You appear to be presenting enough symptoms to indicate that this is not just something that you'll "get over", even if you don't have a fever. (If you're taking Panadol, it is probably reducing your fever in any case.) Hopefully it's just a pretty nasty flu, but in case it is an infection of some kind, be kind to your classmates and teachers by staying at home so they won't catch it as well.

You know the drill - plenty of fluids and bed rest, try to have citrus wherever possible and get a bit of sunlight too! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Dear You,
You can make it through this. The clouds will not last forever.
From Me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Sick, sick, sick, SICK! - November 5th 2012, 08:55 PM

Hey there, I have a bit of a cough today, I passed out at 7 last night after having a headache, then oke up at 1 and now I feel like crap because I couldn't get to sleep...
I can't really tell the people I stay with because I just hate saying 'oh yeah, I feel like I'm gonna puke'. It makes me seem weak and I hate seeming weak....

Jay.

Closed Thread