TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mickeymouse0167 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaitlyn Howell

insomnia.... - November 4th 2012, 06:47 AM

So...people say I have sleep insomnia and its probably true. I can never sleep till like midnight even tho I take sleeping medicine at 8 and in bed by 9-9:30. I wake up at 5:30-5:45 every Mon-Fri for school. I have tried sleep machines, fans, music, everything! But I still can't sleep, I also struggle with minor depression. My parents won't take me to the doctor bcuz they think its a waste of time. Any ideas how I sleep better?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: insomnia.... - November 4th 2012, 06:52 AM

Hey there, I struggle from insomnia as well, and I usually just have classical music playing which lulls me to sleep, or wearing myself out so it is easier to sleep. They both do have their faults and at times don't work but on the other nights they both work is what matters.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: insomnia.... - November 4th 2012, 08:09 AM

You need to find something that sends you to sleep.

Classical music is a good example; a law book works for me (I say law book because a normal book will probably make you wake up a bit more if it's complex or action-packed).

There's nothing a doctor can particularly do for you, especially if you're already on medicine (by the way, try not to use that if you don't have to); however, your parents do need to be aware that it's not a waste of time at all, but is very serious.
You also need to be aware that there are health risks, mainly from the sleep derivation.

Hopefully some of this helps - just try different things.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
AnaMZ Offline
Not a n00b

Re: insomnia.... - November 5th 2012, 10:10 AM

I hope you won't be offended if I suggest some things that you have already tried - I imagine that very little would be new to you, but just in case...

- Scented oils such as lavender reportedly help with falling asleep
- Soothing music (or ambient noises, try rainymood.com)
- Warm milk before bed - a bit childish, but hey!
- A warm wheat pack or hot water bottle - my wheat pack is lavender scented, double points!
- Not drinking caffeine or eating heavy foods for at least an hour before you go to bed
- Experiment with different sleeping positions, amount of light in the room, etc. My Mum is brilliant at falling asleep sitting up (seriously, within 30 seconds of sitting down), but can't sleep lying in her own bed!

Dear You,
You can make it through this. The clouds will not last forever.
From Me.

Closed Thread