TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Greenie Offline
ribbit
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Amy

Excessive yawning - November 24th 2012, 01:39 AM

Everyday I go through periods when I yawn for about six seconds until I run out of breath, then continue again straight away. I sleep reasonably well and It's not like I'm terribly bored all the time. It often happens when I'm studying or doing chores, which is annoying because my eyes go all watery and I'm constantly wiping them. Also, whenever I do a big yawn My head seems to spin and my body spasms for a bit afterward.
The crazy yawning usually ceases after half an hour to an hour but it's still really annoying and even though I'm not usually tired beforehand, the yawning itself exhausts me.

I try going for walks to get more oxygen, but often I'll return to a normal exhausted state after the walk when I'm indoors again and resting.

Anyone have any ideas?

Be like the turtle;
at ease in your own shell.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Naga's Minion
Not a n00b

Name: unknown

Re: Excessive yawning - November 24th 2012, 02:12 AM

it's most proberly just tiredness, weather you're sleeping enough or not, your body can be tired maybe due to the things you do throughout the day. exercise tires your body as well as eating to many sugary foods, it could be stress or emotional, mental or physical things going on. all of these result into tiredness that causes continous yawning, i hope this helped
  Send a message via Skype™ to kissthestarsgoodnight 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Excessive yawning - November 24th 2012, 02:13 AM

While the reasons people yawn isn't completely understood, some doctors believe it has to do with the temperature of your brain. Yawning can be a way your body cools down your brain, so maybe try to keep yourself in a colder environment and see if the yawning stops happening as often?

Another theory is that yawning is your body's way of remaining alert (as opposed to becoming bored or tired). Maybe that's why you yawn when you're studying or doing chores, your body is trying to make itself more prepared for the task at hand by yawning.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
Closed Thread