TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Question Numbness in lip and chin - December 26th 2012, 06:30 PM

So for four or five days now I've had progressively worsening numbness in my bottom lip and chin. It started in just a small section of the lip on the right side and has slowly spread to the middle (forms an almost perfect split of feeling on the left and numb on the right). The chin numbness started yesterday and has gotten a little worse throughout today so that I can hardly tell when I touch it- I can't tell at all on my lip. It's also a little cold, but since it shows no signs of a blue or purple tinge I wasn't sure it could be circulation problems. Also I haven't had any dental work other than braces in the last few years (haven't even had to go to the orthodontist or dentist in months), have no history of oral infections or cavities, don't sleep or lean on that side nor have any change based on activity level or eating patterns, and don't have any signs of a sore, blister, or much if any swelling (I have naturally puffy lips so it could be hard to tell if I have any). It also cannot be something passed through kissing or sharing drinks, as I haven't ever kissed anyone and haven't shared drinks in months.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: Numbness in lip and chin - December 26th 2012, 07:07 PM

I'm not exactly sure what the numbness could be from, but it does seem like it might be a circulation problem, even if you're not blue or anything, or maybe something to do with your nerves. My opinion is that you should get it checked out to make sure it's nothing serious, or a sign of something more serious.

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Numbness in lip and chin - December 26th 2012, 09:57 PM

This could be a nerve-issue, and if that is the case, it could be very serious. I'd recommend getting this looked at by a doctor,.dentist or other professional ASAP.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: Numbness in lip and chin - January 1st 2013, 10:38 PM

Just to let you all know it turned out to be an infection pressed around the nerve. It's been treated and the numbness is nearly completely gone. Thank you for the help!

Closed Thread