TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fenzy Offline
Only dogs should fear pounds.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Cassie

Nausea/dizzy spells? - January 3rd 2013, 09:25 PM

Since I was in Grade 6, I'm in Grade 10 now, I've been getting these dizzy, nausea spells randomly every once and a while. I've been told it was my eating habits and that I wasn't eating enough. I was also told that my blood pressure was low. No matter how many times I go to the doctor's, they never know what causes it. I don't think it's my eating habits or low blood pressure because now that my ED has developed, I eat a lot less and it doesn't occur more than it did before. It happens at anytime and I usually just feel weird.. like I start thinking about weird things and I feel like I'm gonna throw up. I could be laying down, sitting, walking around, doing sports, anything.

Can anyone else relate?

Last edited by Fenzy; January 4th 2013 at 04:07 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Soo done with it - January 7th 2013, 05:07 PM

I actually had something similar for about 5 years when I was younger (13-17ish). I would be fine, then suddenly just get dizzy. Things would spin, I would get nauseous, then I would pass out. Like you, the doctors found nothing consistent. One time my blood sugar was a bit low. Otherwise, never figured it out.

They always said, "It's from your depression". Saying it was like I got so depressed I passed out. Yet, I remember playing dodgeball once, which I love. I was having a LOT of fun and then passed out.

Really, if that is your only symptom, it could be nearly anything. It could be your blood sugar or pressure drops low for a couple seconds, then goes back to normal by time you get checked out. It could be depression (not saying it is, but it could be). It could be anxiety. Maybe it's you are fatigued. Stress in general - good or bad.

Keep a journal to see if you can see any pattern at all. Maybe you get dizzy when it's above 75F in your house, or outside. Or maybe it's eating a specific thing due to an allergic reaction. Maybe you notice it happens when you get less than 7 hours sleep. Etc. Tr y to keep a journal of your activities, sleep, temperatures, and if it's not triggering food. If that's triggering, then I do not suggest you keep track of it.

Also, keep in mind I am not saying to keep a food diary. Just keep track of all the things that could possibly contribute so you can see a pattern within a month or two. Right down your activity, temp, and time of day when you feel dizzy.

Hopefully you can find a pattern.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread