TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kirstybecs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Eye sight problems - January 4th 2013, 12:35 PM

So I've been wearing glasses since I was in primary school and I've never had problems until recently. I went to the opticians in the summer holidays because I lost my glasses and my eye sight was way worse than it was before. My glasses were fine until November until my eye sight got gradually worse and had to squint slightly to see the board. Should this worry me?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
confusedemily13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ellie

Re: Eye sight problems - January 4th 2013, 12:52 PM

Our sight changes all the time. My mum works as an optician secretary, or whatever they're called, and she says that at our age it can change dramatically. I would go back to your opticians and have a re-test because apart from anything else it can bring on headaches.
If you're worried about anything else to do with it, maybe go see a doctor as well?

Hope that helped

Em x

If none of us believe in war
Then can you tell me what the weapon's for
Listen to me everyone
If the button is pushed
There'll be nowhere to run

(#3 (permalink)) Old
NINJA PRINCESS Offline
LiViNg In A cRaZy WoNdErLaNd
Not a n00b

Name: Alexis

Re: Eye sight problems - January 4th 2013, 01:37 PM

Our sight it changes all the time I have glasses I wear them some times not all the time but things change I wouldn't worry to much. Just get new glasses and you will be fine

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Eye sight problems - January 5th 2013, 04:59 AM

Hey there,

I know that I need a new prescription once a year. For a while the amount I needed increased was a lot, but then it slowly started to get less and less to the point where now my prescription barely needs to be upped. I think you should make another appointment with your eye doctor and get new lenses so you don't have to squint and give yourself eyestrain. You can also express your worry with him or her and if they think it is necessary they can run additional tests on you to make sure nothing else is going on. But, your best bet is to go to the doctor and get things checked out, at least to get new glasses.

I wish you the very best!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Eye sight problems - January 5th 2013, 08:59 AM

As we grow, our eyesight is more prone to change - your eyeballs are affected by the size of the cavity they have to reside in, and all the tissue around them, so being squished or having pressure relieved as a result of growing can change your eyesight.

I'm supposed to see an optometrist every year (still) because my eyesight is continually changing. I don't because I'm poor, so I spend every second year or so getting headaches from eye-strain.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it, go back to your optometrist, and make sure you have the right lenses - eyesight does change, and that's normal, but making sure you have the right strength lens goes a long way toward helping with everything else.

Closed Thread