TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Convusions and slight paralysis after distress? - January 14th 2013, 01:10 AM

I'm not sure if this is part of my schizophrenia but from what I've researched, it's not.
So, when I'm stressing out like real bad over anything serious and distressing (typically something about my sanity), I start to panic and usually it ends with a panic attack, like racing heart, shaking, numbness, and constant fear, and I end up rocking back and forth. But other times, it gets worse. Those times, instead of panicing at first, my body becomes extremely calm but I start hyperventalating. Eventually, my breathing steadies and my body tenses up as I get a horrible headache. Then the room begins to spin and voices come out of nowhere with the paranoid echoing thoughts I'm stressing over.
Sometimes, this lasts for 5 minutes and then it stops and I start crying. But sometimes it doesn't.
After maybe 5 minutes, everything stops and everything's quiet and for some reason that makes the thoughts I'm stressing over way more intence and it's like I'm screaming and shaking inside but nothing happens outside. Then, my head starts to ache just a little and my body grows incredibly weak. Then I collapse on the ground and I can't get up and I'm just stuck on the ground and my eyes open and close and drift around. Then my head starts moving back and forth, just left and right and I can't feel my body. And then I start to hyperventalate and I'm panicing inside and I try to move but my body's incredibly heavy so I begin to panic even more. And then my entire body just starts shaking and spazzing and just convulsing uncontrollibly for a good 10 minutes and sometimes I yell and sometimes I try to call out for help but I just end up speaking complete gibberish and then my voice goes away. Then, the hallucinations grow intence and there's a billion people surrounding me and laughing and holding their hands above like holding puppet strings and then a shadowy figure comes out and places a hand on my mouth and that's when I lose my voice or they place a hand on my eyes and then I can't see anything but I think my eyes closed. Eventually, it passes and I'm just left lying there and then I want to move but I can't at all. I tell myself to get up and my body doesn't respond. I can only move my eyes and I just lay there in peace with no thoughts or voices or anything and I can't feel my body and I just can't move at all. After, maybe 10 minutes, I can move an arm or two and I push the rest of my body to sit up and when I try to stand, I stand as if nothing has happened and there's just a buzz and then I can't feel anything emotionally.
I had this before when I was really bad and stressed out and such before I had meds. Now that I'm off them again, it's come back. I didn't want to tell my psychiatrist about it because I'm afraid they might think I have epilepsy or something bad when I just think it's something with my mind.
What is this and how can I make it go away?

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Convusions and slight paralysis after distress? - January 27th 2013, 01:35 AM

First off, I'm no doctor. Though, here's my uneducated opinion. It sounds to me like a psychotic episode, which is apart of schizophrenia. You said it happened before you were on medication, then seemed like it stopped while were on it, and started happening again now that you're off the medication. It sounds like the medication was helping, so you should definitely talk to your psychiatrist about that.

You should definitely tell your psychiatrist about this again and talk about medications you should be on. Even if it does turn out to be something like epilepsy, you can be treated for it. Be it epilepsy or schizophrenia you should have treatment. No disorder is really better or worse than another, it's still a disorder.

Your best bet is to tell your psychiatrist about it because it probably is a symptom from having schizophrenia.

I have schizoaffective disorder and I can definitely relate to things like this, so please feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk.

- Immy.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Convusions and slight paralysis after distress? - January 27th 2013, 04:53 AM

I agree with Immy, it sounds somewhat psychotic which would be part of your schizophrenia and since you said it stopped while you were on medication I think that just strengthens that possibility.
I think you should tell your psychiatrist, when in doubt tell your doctor.
Also, has anyone seen this happen to you, or has it only happened when you're alone?

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
Closed Thread