TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Question Exercises To Lose Weight? - January 19th 2013, 11:57 AM

Hi everyone!

I can't go for walks or runs or play sports because it's so cold. Pretty much impossible for me. I was just wondering what are some good exercises for weight loss I could do in the house? Besides weight lifts because I don't have any. I just need some opinions and how much to exercise. Plus I heard that exercising before eating gets your metabolism going faster to burn fat easier? Is that true? I also drink a lot of sodas, I drink coffee, hot chocolate. Would only drinking water help as well? Since it's healthy but not sugary.

I know that a healthy veggie diet can help but my family isn't in the best financial position so we eat a lot of lunchmeat and stuff for dinner since it's cheaper. Which is bread, meat of course, and salad dressing and mayonaise. I just want some tips on being more fit and healthy and exercises I can do here at home to help me lose weight.

Thanks for reading I'd really appreciate any tips.

~ Christabel

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: Exercises To Lose Weight? - January 19th 2013, 12:01 PM

Well, cut out the dressing and mayo, and drinking water rather than anything fizzy will probably help.
I'm not sure about the metabolism thing, to be honest, but you can just do some situps or something at some point - they can burn calories quite well and improve your fitness.
Additionally...housework! It actually burns LOADS of calories to do vacuuming or something, as well as cutting down the workload for others in the house - offer to do something .

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Exercises To Lose Weight? - January 19th 2013, 12:09 PM

Thanks, I'll stop using the dressing and drink water. Still eating and drinking but doing it healthy. I'll try some sit-ups too. About the housework though, that's a problem because my mom has to have things done perfect. If I offer to do something to help, she pretty much does the whole job herself showing me the right way to do it. If I take my time with something she'll find something wrong with it. So basically, I can't do housework. Although I can wash dishes. I do that every night. But not actual work that requires moving around.

~ Christabel

(#4 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: Exercises To Lose Weight? - January 19th 2013, 02:57 PM

I like the sit-ups idea that Adam suggested. I do a routine every morning that goes something like this: 30 sit-ups, 20 bicycles, plank for 30 seconds (3 times, but rest for 20 sec in between each one), side plank for 30 seconds (once on each side), and then a wall sit for as long as I can hold it (about 25-30 seconds). So maybe you could try something like that, since it burns lots of calories and only takes about 7 minutes. (Feel free to google those terms if you're not familiar with them.)

If you live where it snows, you could also try shoveling snow. GREAT calorie burner. And if it isn't snowy, you might still be able to run outside, because when you run it feels about 20 degrees warmer than it really is. I would say that it's probably too cold to walk though, since walking doesn't warm you up very much.

There are also indoor sports you could try, if you're in the financial position to do so, such as basketball, volleyball, indoor track, indoor soccer, indoor rock climbing, or indoor swimming. Maybe you could join a YMCA or something.

I hope you find something that works for you!

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

Closed Thread