TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sneezebanana Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emi

Unhappy Always tired - April 18th 2009, 06:30 AM

I don't know if this should go in the mental health section or not? If so, you can move it.
]: I'm almost always tired, like 90% of the time, every day. Every once in awhile I'll have a day where I'm not tired, but it's rare. I'm almost always irritable and atleast somewhat grumpy. What's wrong with meeee? I don't know how long this has been going on, a year and a half or 2 years now. I used to be so spunky and silly and hyper. Sure, I've matured but I've also become so mentally exhausted too! It's hard for me to even hang out with friends very often because of such a lack of energy all the time.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kel Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Dithering Dills

Re: Always tired - April 18th 2009, 06:38 AM

This could be a result of so many things. I can offer you some tips?

1. Make sure your sleeping patterns are REGULAR. This means going to bed at the same time every night and waking up at the same time in the morning. 7-9 Hours should suffice, if you over or under sleep this can cause tiredness.
2. It could definitely be because of stress. Physical or Mental. Make sure you eliminate all unhealthy stress as much as possible.
3. Next time you get a check up ask you doctor about it. This could be related to another health issue such as low blood pressure or anemia.
4. Do all the proper things before going to bed. No eating or physical exercise within and hour before bed or this will make it difficult to go to sleep.

Hope I helped.
Good Luck.

[x3]Kel

"we make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
--winston churchill

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Naomi. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Naomi

Re: Always tired - April 18th 2009, 09:27 AM

it could be a number of things
try get enough sleep (: [difficult at times i know:P]
try relax before bed
and yeah see your doctor (:

Dream ♥

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: Always tired - April 18th 2009, 04:31 PM

Are you on any medication that might have side effects such as drowsiness?

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Always tired - April 18th 2009, 09:58 PM

Hey there. (:

There could be any number of different reasons for constant fatigue, none of which we can tell you for definite. But there are a number of different things you can try and do to help yourself.

Are you on any medication? A side effect of a lot of medication is tiredness. Though, I would assume a doctor would have warned you off this.

Stress can burn you out. Try and manage your time well, and don't have too many things going on at once.

I would highly suggest going to your doctor and having blood tests done. It could be you have some deficiency, such as low iron count, etc.

Your best best is to go to the doctor. You don't want to take any risks when it comes to your health.

Good luck and take care of yourself.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Always tired - April 18th 2009, 11:45 PM

Hey,
There are loads of reasons why you could be feeling tired and irritable. You're best to go and see your GP.
Have you got a proper sleeping pattern?
By this I mean do you have a specific time you usually go to bed and wake up. Even if you are getting a lot of sleep at times but then maybe other nights you're not getting so much time can really mess up your body clock.
Do you get enough sleep? Are you getting between 8 and 12 hours sleep each night?
Are you eating things that are going to give you energy for the day?
Have you been drinking enough water, I know it doesn't sound like a lot but drinking enough water can help provide you with enough energy to help sustain you for the day and can prevent you from being so run down.

Speak to your GP tests can be run to check different levels in your body, you may be lacking something which is making you feel tired, it may just be a slight change in your diet that makes you feel so much better for it.
<3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
cutiepiex3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessica

Re: Always tired - April 22nd 2009, 11:14 PM

I'm the same way.. and i went to the doctors and got tested and they discovered i'm severely anemic, which causes a lot of the severe and constant exhasution.

Closed Thread