TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Hookah worse than cigarettes?? - March 2nd 2013, 05:09 AM

I just read a few articles about how hookah was worse than cigarettes! I fail to understand how this can be because hookah tobacco contains less harmful substances than cigarettes. I smoke hookah maybe once a week or so, I do it pretty often. I refuse to believe these "studies". I kind of feel like the cigarette companies came out with these "studies" to try and promote people to go back to their product because hookah is such a big hit right now. All it is is tobacco, water, and a coal, none of that rat poison or anything. I understand that smoking anything isn't healthy.

Any thought?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Hookah worse than cigarettes?? - March 2nd 2013, 06:17 AM

Well, burning coal can produce carbon monoxide, which is very harmful, and tobacco in itself is harmful, not JUST the tobacco you find in cigarettes.

I know that self-rolled cigarettes are considered to have higher levels of certain toxins than factory made cigarettes, and this may be the same case with hookah. The best thing for you to do is find the source of these studies - who did the studies, who funded it, what controls were used - stuff like that. It may be that it's accurate and because you enjoy hookah, you're in denial.

A smoke-free lady (the people that support people to quit smoking in my country) once told my flatmate that the only safe level of tobacco consumption is none, so yeah.

Anyway, at once a week, it's a recreational thing for you and I wouldn't worry too much. If you were doing it daily or multiple times a day then it's different.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Hookah worse than cigarettes?? - March 3rd 2013, 08:22 PM

Well, yes, bias is possible. But like Jess said it can have higher levels of certain toxins. You could always try a bong, that eliminates the coal and passes the tobacco smoke through water instead.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SmithWood Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Hookah worse than cigarettes?? - March 7th 2013, 06:52 AM

cigs supply forms of toxic compounds, as well as harmful toxins incorporated, as well as hooka, could be a mouth watering smoke much like substance taht is perfect for probably the most component thoroughly clean of toxins as well as toxins I light up newports and also hooka really on a regular basis and also hooka is in fact not too poor to suit your needs.

Closed Thread