TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tryinghardx Offline
Not a n00b

My weight! - April 7th 2013, 01:59 PM

Hi. So my school and studies are going like crazy. This is my final school year and I need to work my ass off to get into a good college. So I really, actually, honestly have no time to work out regularly. I'm planning on a no-junk diet, but that become tough when I have such a boring life -.-
Honestly, all I have to do is study and study and I'm not complaining because this is what I chose for myself, but I'm very scared of gaining weight. I've had problems with my weight in the past and got it under control with loads of effort.
So with all this said, what can I do to make sure I don't gain excess weight? I want to lose weight too, but I guess it's more important to maintain myself right now.

Don't judge me because I sin differently from you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: My weight! - April 7th 2013, 06:03 PM

If you just want to make sure you don't gain weight make sure your not eating any more than usual. Studying can be really boring so try to avoid the age old student habit of eating like shit cause your bored. Stock up on good foods like fruits and vegetables. If you know you can't resist something junky buy dark chocolate because most people I find won't eat as much of it, its a lot easier to just eat some small pieces of dark chocolate over trying to stop yourself from gorging on the Mars bar. And just try to eat a reasonable amount, however much that is for you, we all have our own limits of what a good amount of food is depending on height, weight, age and a bunch of other factors such as exercise amount, metabolism and so on.
You could also try doing little exercises like if you need a break from studying go do a bunch of Russian twists. Rip some workouts out of Seventeen or Cosmo and there is a bunch of little work outs in there that you can do with a 20 minute break, that way your not trying to commit to doing a full blown work out and are just squeezing a few little things in during study breaks.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
marvelous123 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mila

Re: My weight! - April 9th 2013, 04:30 AM

Something I do during exam period is take your notes to the gym, or put them on your phone/ipod/whatever and just go on a stationary bike while studying. That way you're burning calories and also doing your work.

Another suggestion is finding slightly healthier alternatives to your favourite junk foods. For example, if you're craving chips, get the Baked ones instead. Or if you want ice cream, get frozen yogurt. Makes sense, lol?

I have weight problems as well, so I understand Good luck!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: My weight! - April 9th 2013, 08:25 PM

Hey there,

Just make small changes, if you can walk somewhere rather than going by car or bus or if you're going a long distance get off the bus a stop or two early. When you're studying it's important to take breaks, so try to go for a brisk walk for half an hour, maybe see if you can find a partner for studying and you can quiz each other whilst on a walk or run.

As long as you're being healthy you should maintain your weight.
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#5 (permalink)) Old
tryinghardx Offline
Not a n00b

Re: My weight! - April 10th 2013, 02:33 PM

I walk to school already :P
I've started doing small workouts everyday. Abs and this exercise for thighs. Im trying to lay off junk food but it is tough
Thanks!

Don't judge me because I sin differently from you.

Closed Thread