TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
justdatdude Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jack

Ears are Ringing and aching - May 4th 2013, 08:00 PM

Well, my friends dad owns a Farm and an Empty Field,

And we create things, alot of things

From Clothing

To Explosives..

We tested the "Thing" that we created HMTD [hexamethylenetriperoxidediamine]

High Explosives Its legal, because its not the actual version, its a replica (LEGAL), we set up a target (of wood) and we detonated the explosives.

It was more powerful than expected, we take safety first, we are not stupid.

However the Sandbags we had gave us cover.

we sustained no injuries.. (My friend got hit on the head by a chunk of dirt)

But My ears are RINGING REALLY BADLY i can hardly hear.

I've had this problem before With Gunshots and Other Explosions but it wears off after a while, and its still there! (4 hours)
-

How do i stop my ears from aching and ringing Please !!!?!?!?

Also i may be suffering from some kind of shellshock.....(Dizziness, blurred vision, etc)

(MY friend has the same problem)

I really need help, should i go to the hospital?

F*** HMTD

N/A

Last edited by justdatdude; May 4th 2013 at 08:24 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Re: Ears are Ringing and aching - May 4th 2013, 08:29 PM

Sounds that you where a little to close to the "Explosives", and that you didn't have the proper Personal Protective Equipment (Ears mainly.) You should be wearing hearing protection anytime you are around Non-Suppressed gun shots and explosives. If you feel that you need to go seek Medical help, I would go; No person on TeenHelp can tell you over the internet if you are truly hurt or not.

As far as the "explosives" go though, if you have the need to set more off, I would hide behind objects farther back, and wear the proper hearing protection. You only have hearing once... Don't lose it over stupid shit.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
justdatdude Offline
Average Joe

Re: Ears are Ringing and aching - May 4th 2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remorse_Angel View Post
Sounds that you where a little to close to the "Explosives", and that you didn't have the proper Personal Protective Equipment (Ears mainly.) You should be wearing hearing protection anytime you are around Non-Suppressed gun shots and explosives. If you feel that you need to go seek Medical help, I would go; No person on TeenHelp can tell you over the internet if you are truly hurt or not.

As far as the "explosives" go though, if you have the need to set more off, I would hide behind objects farther back, and wear the proper hearing protection. You only have hearing once... Don't lose it over stupid shit.
WE both had ear defenders, it was a chain explosion with a delay (Unexpectedly) and i lost my ear defenders, Not really sure how, We was fairly close to the Explosives, however i wasn't expecting my ear defenders to come off, or for that amount to be effective at that distance apart.

I don't want to go to the hospital, i'm just certain its a hearing problem, and someone could help, i'm not sure how. I don't know what else to do.

N/A

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Re: Ears are Ringing and aching - May 4th 2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
WE both had ear defenders, it was a chain explosion with a delay (Unexpectedly) and i lost my ear defenders, Not really sure how, We was fairly close to the Explosives, however i wasn't expecting my ear defenders to come off, or for that amount to be effective at that distance apart.

I don't want to go to the hospital, i'm just certain its a hearing problem, and someone could help, i'm not sure how. I don't know what else to do.
Then there's your answer; you where too close with your hearing protection falling off. It might take some time for your hearing to recover; or it could stay that way. The best thing you probably can do, is call your regular Doctor for a check-up.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
justdatdude Offline
Average Joe

Re: Ears are Ringing and aching - May 4th 2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remorse_Angel View Post

Then there's your answer; you where too close with your hearing protection falling off. It might take some time for your hearing to recover; or it could stay that way. The best thing you probably can do, is call your regular Doctor for a check-up.
Alright, Thanks alot, Appreciate it.

N/A

Closed Thread