TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Sore ball of foot after unfriendly shoe-wearing... - May 29th 2013, 07:02 PM

A few weeks ago I wore high heels and the next day the ball of my right foot was quite sore... I've been wearing inexpensive little pumps in work as well while I'm waiting for my safety shoes to come in, and even though they're flats, standing in them for more than three hours has my feet destroyed!! My right foot-ball (football..?? ) has been pretty sore the last couple of weeks!!

Aside from obviously trying to wear better shoes, and avoiding high heels where possible, what can I do to make it feel better?? Google just keeps bringing up advertisements for orthopaedic shoes...

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Luke.J Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Luke

Re: Sore ball of foot after unfriendly shoe-wearing... - May 29th 2013, 10:01 PM

This sounds quite uncomfortable, and my suggestion aside from avoid the shoes you are wearing is to first take it easy on your feet as not to cause further injury to your foot and to put something soft and comfortable in your shoe like cotton wool.

I hope this helps

Joined 26/05/12

Associate Live Help Operator - 4/06/12

Associate helpLINK Mentor - 10/06/12

If you need anything please feel free to message me and I will do my best to help you

Luke

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ɯιттʏ~ Offline
Narwhal Lover
Not a n00b

Name: Callie

Re: Sore ball of foot after unfriendly shoe-wearing... - May 29th 2013, 11:58 PM

I'd suggest you get padding for any shoes you can find. I have blisters on the balls of my feet that have been here for almost a year. take it easy and try to walk on the heels of your foot as much as possible to reduce sworeness. Try soaking them in warm bubbly water and using heated or ice packs on them. It helps a lot.

Send a message via AIM to Ɯιттʏ~ Send a message via Skype™ to Ɯιттʏ~ 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Sore ball of foot after unfriendly shoe-wearing... - May 30th 2013, 04:44 AM

I use a cream called Traumeel for my feet, works fairly well. Aside from that, an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen can help reduce the pain. As it turns out, when I had the same problem my right foot ended up having a major fracture in the 2nd metatarsal. Yikes.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Sore ball of foot after unfriendly shoe-wearing... - June 1st 2013, 10:32 PM

Honestly, in addition to rest, it sounds like your feet really need more support. Even though there isn't a heel to stress your foot out, flats don't give your feet enough support. Since the ball of your foot is feeling stressed, you should either try and invest in some supportive shoes such as tennis shoes or put some supportive padding in your flats.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
Closed Thread