TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

SUNBURN - June 19th 2013, 04:15 PM

EPIC SUNBURN ON MY BACK (upper back)

lol

And it stings like shiiitee. I've had sunburn before (like most people). It has rarely ever stung me, and never compared to what it is now. I feels like I got stabbed in the back... feels like an open wound (like cutting your finger accidentally with a knife), although it doesn't even look extremely red. I got the sunburn 3 days ago, and it was stinging yesterday and the day before... but it wasn't intolerable. Today it's just fucked up.

It probably started stinging like sh|te today because I went out to sit some maths tests. It was hot. I got sweaty on the way back because I was in a hurry to catch the bus.

I've popped 3 ibupfrens, and am drunk on alcohol to numb the pain. I got an exam tomorrow too. lmao.

Straight face now -__-

Any tips??? I've tried cold towels. It makes it worse. I've tried some queer lotion that just feels like gel and doesn't do anything (never did), but it feels niiceee. lol..... straight face -___-

And clues as to what effect caffeine might have?? I had a redbull 4 hours ago. Contributing factor??

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Butters Offline
Not a n00b

Re: SUNBURN - June 19th 2013, 06:02 PM

get some aloe vera and try not to cover it too much and keep in the shade as much as possible. has it blistered?

My spelling is terrible, so I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes in my posts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
owlcity:) Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jennifer

Re: SUNBURN - June 19th 2013, 08:31 PM

Use a lott of Aloe Vera!!! That's what my Mom always tells me.
I get sunburned pretty bad.. Then I look like a tomato.
Feel better soon! and don't worry it won't be theree forever. ) Might even tan. :P

<3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stacey Offline
BrokenInsanity circa 2004
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stacey

Re: SUNBURN - June 20th 2013, 01:00 AM

I had the worst sunburn of my life last year on my chest. Couldn't sleep it hurt so much and I tried the weirdest remedy and it actually worked (though it's a bit messy). Rub honey onto the sunburn and leave it overnight - it's antibacterial and used for pain relief for many ailments. I actually woke up with my like lobster red skin, back to somewhat of a normal colour and no pain at all!

"Remember what you're worth
Remember you're worth fighting for
Remember you're not a punching bag
Remember you're not a doormat
Remember you are valuable
Remember you are repairable
Remember you matter
Remember they don't."

-jwh

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: SUNBURN - June 20th 2013, 01:07 AM

cold bath then aloe vera. I learned this cool trick which is that you make aloe vera ice cubes :3

actually I'm not totally sure about the cold bath because it could give you shock since you're burnt and then cold it's a big change in temperature...so just colder than usual but not freezing

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: SUNBURN - June 20th 2013, 01:34 AM

Aftersun lotion applied generously around 2-3 times per day is good and try to keep it cool to help cool your skin down as you've effectively cooked your skin. As others have suggested, aloe vera is best used as it's good for sunburn and will help soothe the burn. Make sure to stay out of the sun and wear something cool to stop yourself getting too hot.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: SUNBURN - June 21st 2013, 11:06 PM

Thanks. I kind of forgot that I made this thread because I was, well... drunk. lol

The intense stinging pain is mostly over now, so I think the worst is behind me. Unless it turns out in 4 months that I have skin cancer.

My skin is beginning to peel off pretty thick, with my acne. At least something good has come out of this.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
interlukin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lindsay

Re: SUNBURN - June 23rd 2013, 01:36 AM

Try to find some ocean potion aloe stuff. That stuff seriously saved me when I got a bad sunburn a few months ago. It has no alcohol in it so it wont dry your skin out, and it smells like orange creamsicles!

If you can't find it near you, buy some aloe vera, but look at the ingredients and make sure there are no alcohols in there, as they will dry your skin out. (anything ending with
-ol is al alcohol)

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Xurayesu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ellison

Re: SUNBURN - June 23rd 2013, 05:14 AM

I, too, had a sunburn. Do not rub/scratch your face as the skin will come off and shoe your flesh. Your skin will peel outwards and don't pick it off. If that happens, your skin will be back to normal if that happens. Try to use something cold and smooth on the skin.

The tongue has no bones, but is strong enough to break a heart.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: SUNBURN - June 23rd 2013, 01:15 PM

I would try some aloe-vera after-sun and some palmers cocoa butter, the after sun will help to take the heat out of the sun burn and help moisture your skin, and the palmers cocoa butter body lotion will also help to moisten your skin. It may also help to drink plenty of fluid (water or juice ) as sunburn can also dehydrate you/

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: SUNBURN - July 2nd 2013, 06:11 AM

It's an older thread, but I recommend this blue gel stuff with lidocaine or xylocaine. I've found in Wal-mart.

Closed Thread