TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Regaining weight, not so fit... - August 29th 2013, 03:44 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

About two or three months ago, I injured myself by pushing myself too hard while running. I was off my leg for about two weeks, and it kept raining and raining... I hate rain.

Anyway, having sat around and ate constantly for about a month, when my leg finally got better and the weather finally improved, I got out and tried to run again. As it turns out, sitting around eating sweets isn't good for running ability. In the least.

So then wasp season started. Having spheksophobia (i.e., an irrational fear of wasps) and living in a region heavily populated by them... It's no fun. I got tired of my family laughing at me for dodging around, screaming, and sprinting when I ran because the damned things loved me so much. So I figured I'd come in, sit down, and wait for wasp season to be over.

Well, it's the end of the summer. I've regained all the weight I lost, lost all of my muscle tone and all of my stamina, and pants that were originally falling off of me now are too tight to pull up properly. I've been wearing sweat pants and cloth shorts for a month now.

In short, I want to get back up to my fitness level. My mom took my scale and tape measure because of my "eating disorder" (which was mostly born out of my desperation to reclaim my previous peak fitness; I was the average size and weight for my height, and perfectly happy), so I can't even set a starting point or a reasonable goal. I've trained myself out of counting calories (finally!), but consequently overeat at every meal - I have no way to monitor what I'm eating, what I'm burning... No way to create a deficit and catch up to where I was, because I have no clue what I'm doing without

I didn't have an eating disorder when I was running - it was only after I was off my feet and steadily gaining weight that I did. I've not weighed myself in months, but I've certain I'm now in the overweight category for my height. None of my clothes fit properly, and I refuse to go to the store and buy bigger ones, because that would be admitting that I can't get back to where I was. It's damned frustrating, and an endless paradox that I can't seem to fix...

So, how can I get back in shape, without using those ED-like behaviors that I've been using? (Which, by the way, have failed on every possible front).

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Regaining weight, not so fit... - August 29th 2013, 08:42 PM

Have you tried various exercises for like your legs and stuff. You could do leg lifts and whatever else there are out there for leg exercises for your legs. Along with that doing regular situps, pushups, bench pressing, etc should help you get back into shape. Just remember to take things slow and don't over work yourself.

Closed Thread