TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: bayleigh

need motivation. ugh. - October 1st 2013, 04:43 PM

so... this seems like the place to ask this.

i am really not motivated to exercise. i want to because i have several body parts that i wished were smaller or more muscle and less fat (upper arm and stomach mostly). i just can't make myself get up and go to the gym or just do some sit ups. i really need to work on it. i'm not dancing this year so i'm not doing anything at all, and i'm short, so a little extra weight looks twice as bad

i'm tired and stressed all the time which doesn't help either. i also don't have a lot of time. the only day i don't have anything going on is Tuesdays. the rest of the week i have classes and i work all weekend.does anyone know how i can motivate myself or know of any particular exercise that targets the stomach and arms?

Creativity takes courage
-Henri Matisse

PM/VM me if you just need to talk. trust me, i don't mind

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Deleted115 Offline
Привет
Average Joe

Re: need motivation. ugh. - October 1st 2013, 10:49 PM

Well, i personally listen to music to Motivate me to do Exercise, you can always try that.

Sit-ups are good for targeting the stomach area.

For my arms i do weight lifting, pretty basic, starting from lower weights and working up. Generally laying on my back, Flat on a supported surface, or standing up.

To target the chest area (upper stomach) i do Weight lifting, whilst on my back, at a angled-flat supported surface (incline)

Generally doesn't have to be complicated! Also i just Jog in Spot.

But my main source of exercise is Cycling since i'm pretty keen on going at some decent speeds on the roads..( I would Advise helmets )

But anyway, you can always find motivation if you look at the PLUS side of things too!

(Key word of advice is; If you are small in height, and at a young age, you will most likely continue to grow over the Coming years, this will stretch your body out more Taller, and reduce 'fat')

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: need motivation. ugh. - October 1st 2013, 11:00 PM

Start out doing a few things initially. Like I have a few apps that are good to get a few exercises done in the morning like 100 pushups and 100 situps. You try and increase the time while decreasing the breaks. Like wake up 10 minutes earlier and exercise during that time.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Vergil Offline
I am Jeff's Profile
Not a n00b

Re: need motivation. ugh. - October 2nd 2013, 01:43 AM

Honestly tend to watch a Bar Brothers video. its great motivation for me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: need motivation. ugh. - October 2nd 2013, 11:40 AM

I have this problem too. I find it's much better motivation when you actually have a machine to exercise with rather than just stretching or doing pushups on the floor or similar. I bought an exercise bike which makes the experience more fun for exercising my legs. It's fun to just do 30 minutes of peddling then go off and do something else. You don't have to hammer away at exercising, just a few minutes on each body part a day can really help strengthen your muscles and again, machines can really be fun to use and give you the motivation you need to actually exercise, and they're designed for safety and comfort too.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: need motivation. ugh. - October 2nd 2013, 05:33 PM

Listen to some really moving music, songs that get your blood pumping and racing. Let it take hold of you, possess you: And then just move. Exercise doesn't have to be methodical and boring. Exercise is, by definition, movement. Movement doesn't have to be laborious; it can be fun.

If you want my advice, stop thinking of it as exercise, or even as a task to get fit. You'll never get anywhere unless you learn to think of movement as fun, as a means of releasing energy and emotion. If you're anything like me, you're impatient for those little imperfections to go away. Don't be. Love them, see them for what they are: Don't change them, but let them change themselves while you're having fun enjoying yourself.

It's a matter of mindset, honestly.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: need motivation. ugh. - October 8th 2013, 07:36 PM

Based on what you said, it sounds like you need sleep more than exercise. You will almost never fill motivated to expend energy while your body is running an energy deficit due to sleep deprivation and stress.... unless, you know, a tiger is chasing you or something gets your adrenaline flowing. The good news is that sleep will help you to maintain a healthy weight.

Once you rest, finding motivation to exercise should come easily.

Closed Thread