TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Itching anus area.. - November 6th 2013, 08:47 PM

This is embarrassing but for the past few days like couple of days I've had an itching anus/anal area, my diet has not really changed. I've been well you know going to the toilet more and have been well pooing more . But other than that nothings really changed. I feel like really embarrassed asking this but it's really beginning to bug me. Does anyone have any idea's how I can stop the itching ?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Itching anus area.. - November 7th 2013, 07:51 PM

Well, first, be sure to thoroughly clean the area. Especially if you have been using the restroom more. It can cause irritation which can cause itching.

Secondly, is it at all painful when you use the restroom or for awhile after? It could be a hemorrhoid beginning. It's a swollen gland around your rectum (sometimes inside) that can cause itching, pain, and sometimes blood when you wipe. These are something you should get looked at, but if properly cleaned and taken care of they aren't generally dangerous. The only time they could be potentially dangerous is if they become infected. Often times, over the counter cream will clear them up.

Anyway, try to clean the area thoroughly first. I would say 1-2 times daily by using a REALLY soft cloth or just by letting some water and a tiny bit of non-scented soap on it.

If it continues after you have been thoroughly cleaning it, see a doctor.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Itching anus area.. - November 7th 2013, 09:25 PM

No it doesn't seem to be worse after going to the toilet etc. It seems to be better than it was - I've been using thrsh cream - and antiseptic cream. If it doesn't completely clear up soon I'll talk to a pharmicist.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: Itching anus area.. - November 7th 2013, 09:54 PM

It could be due to too much sugar in the diet. Sugar feeds yeast and yeast causes itching. It's common in people with IBS to have the problem your having due to the extra amount of pooing and all. I have read a few IBS books that talk about it. Try maybe just getting some of those wipe things that are gynecologist approved to make sure you're extra good and clean down there and try cutting back on the carbs and sugar for 3 or so weeks and see if it helps?

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Owl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Itching anus area.. - November 9th 2013, 02:25 PM

here are a few possibilities, it is hard to say without talking to a doctor. However, a common cause is worms.

The itching is also a common symptom of worms. Don't feel embarrassed if that is the case, it is quite common and you can get it from eating undercooked meat, raw egg (an ingredient in a lot of things!), not washing your hands or someone who handles your food not washing their hands (perhaps at a restaurant or something). The good thing is if it is worms, they are pretty easy to get rid of. You just take a course of pills. However, everyone in your household will have to take the treatment as it easily spread via food etc.

The others mentioned it could also be a hemorrhoid, infection, or a sugar problem, so I'd really advise seeing a doctor if it doesn't get better soon, as you can't treat it without knowing what it is! The doctor would PROBABLY just ask a couple of questions and get a stool sample off you, and get back to you with results and hopefully a diagnosis and treatment a few days later.

Good luck.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Itching anus area.. - November 10th 2013, 02:22 PM

Thanks but it seems to have cleared up now. So I'm not sure what caused it but it seems to have cleared up. Will get it checked out if it happens again though.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Itching anus area.. - November 12th 2013, 01:49 PM

That's good that you got it cleared up!! If it happens again please don't be embarrassed about going to a doctor, they've literally seen it ALL before :P

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Itching anus area.. - November 13th 2013, 09:49 AM

Could have been something as simple as too rough toilet paper and wiping too hard with it.

Closed Thread