TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   I took somebody else's prescription medication...now I feel sick. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t13109-i-took-somebody-elses-prescription-medication-now-i-feel-sick/)

blair606 May 3rd 2009 11:12 PM

I took somebody else's prescription medication...now I feel sick.

Yesterday I took Adderall from my stepdad's prescription and ever since then I've felt sick. I've had just about every side effect possible such as dizziness, dry mouth, mood swings, insomnia, etc. I know that stealing medication is wrong, but it was an impulse. I've been battling a combination of anorexia and bulimia for years and I made a bad decision by taking the pill--I realize that. But the side effects haven't entirely gone away yet and I'm worried. The mood swings have subsided, but I'm still feeling dizzy at times and I go through periods where I seem to be short of breath. Not only that, but when I last used the restroom I found blood on my toilet paper, so much that I assumed I was starting my period early, but I realized it is coming from my rectal area. Is rectal bleeding tied to Adderall in any way? Should I see a doctor or will this likely pass?

Please try not to pass judgment, I know what I did was dangerous and I regret it.

Algernon May 3rd 2009 11:26 PM

Re: I took somebody else's prescription medication...now I feel sick.

You need to call the hospital now. The symptoms you are showing are not good.

Naomi. May 3rd 2009 11:36 PM

i would advise you to go see a medical professional asap, that doesnt sound so good :(

silversun May 3rd 2009 11:48 PM

you need to go see a doctor. your symptoms aren't showing good!!!

Through-Glass May 4th 2009 12:44 AM

Hi there,

I agree that it is extremely important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. Perhaps call Poison Control, and see what they have to say as well. You may need to avoid taking certain over-the-counter medications or follow other directions until you can get to the hospital.

I know it will be difficult to tell your parents what you have done, but the consequences of not getting help will be far worse.

Take care.

Blackwing May 4th 2009 12:45 AM

I would seek medical help as soon as possible.

InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU May 4th 2009 01:46 PM

Moral of the story: Don't take meds not prescribed for you. Aside from that, the only answer you'll get here is the usual, go see a doctor.

helpinginlove May 4th 2009 05:01 PM

I would see a doctor, because blood from that area is not good and could be a sign of internal bleeding. But, I dont want to freak you out it could be nothing. But just to be sure, please go to a doctor about it.

LadiesLlama May 5th 2009 03:20 PM

Rectal bleeding is a sign of internal bleeding, which could mean that something may have ruptured inside of your body. I suggest you get to the hospital, or even call 911, or an emergency number, depending upon where you are. Please do it quickly. This is a serious matter.

:hehe: May 12th 2009 01:58 AM

You should definitely seek professional medical help. And tell your step dad that you took his meds, so he doesn't freak out and wonder why he's missing any pills.

Shannon May 14th 2009 10:50 PM

I've taken Aderrall before (and I do not have ADD), and here is what the desired effect of taking it when you don't actually need it is: You get really hyper, and happy, and jumpy, and energetic, and it makes you not want to eat so you will not get hungry and lose weight, and it kind of gives you really bad cotton mouth.

Now call the hospital, seriously.