TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Problem with bathroom breaks (whatever word you want to fill in the blank) - November 24th 2016, 07:30 PM

Okay so I'm a little worried. I went to the bathroom and noticed something. My poop is black and I did research to find that it is a symptom of a bleeding stomach or small intestine. And I haven't had my period in quite awhile either, probably several months. And I always have this weird nasty discharge stuff in my underwear.

It's really weird and I'm kinda freaking out. I have an eating disorder so that could have to do with it. I'm drinking a ton of water every day so I have a lot of bathroom breaks but it shouldn't affect me that way.

Support and advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Problem with bathroom breaks (whatever word you want to fill in the blank) - November 24th 2016, 07:46 PM

It sounds like you need to see a doctor as soon as you can. It may not be serious, but it may be serious. It's better safe than sorry with this.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Problem with bathroom breaks (whatever word you want to fill in the blank) - November 25th 2016, 02:49 AM

Hi Cheyenne,

I work in my local hospital. The biggest advice we give EVERYONE there is to NOT google your symptoms. Most of the time it turns out 'you're going to die'. I know it's scary when something is not normal with your body. There could be a million reasons as to why your stool is black. Most of which are not serious and not listed on google. It could be what you've eaten/drank, it could be medication (if you're on any), or it could be that the stool was in your body for too long.

So, my point is don't google symptoms when something is wrong. If something is wrong and you're concerned go see your doctor. Your doctor knows a lot more than google. If you're extremely worried, or you start seeing blood in your stool then go to your local emergency department.

I hope you feel better soon!
Take care of yourself.
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Re: Problem with bathroom breaks (whatever word you want to fill in the blank) - November 25th 2016, 03:01 AM

Thanks Brittany. That's great advice. Helped a lot!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Problem with bathroom breaks (whatever word you want to fill in the blank) - November 25th 2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflykisses3000 View Post
Thanks Brittany. That's great advice. Helped a lot!
No problem! Try not to stress about it until you talk to your doctor. I'm sure it's nothing serious.

Feel better soon!
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Problem with bathroom breaks (whatever word you want to fill in the blank) - November 25th 2016, 03:26 PM

Having black stools it's only just upper track bleeding.

Things you eat or medication can turn your stools black. If you had charcoal this is the most common side effect. Eating red velvet cake can turn your stool red or black. Most dyes you consume can result in different colour stools. Making note of what you ate may result in stool colours of red or black.

Usually if it is medication, once you've finished your medication your stools will go back to normal. With food with dyes usually 2-3 days depending on how much you ate and if you keep eating it.

Beets are on cause for red/black stools.

If it persists without any reason or connection to what you are consuming I would recommend visiting your family doctor.

Keep track of your bowel movements, how the stool looks like, texture, colour, any unusual or different smells, and how many bowel movements you have. Also noting the foods you ate.

I hope this was helpful. Take care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Problem with bathroom breaks (whatever word you want to fill in the blank) - November 26th 2016, 01:30 AM

Hey there,

I would suggest that you get in to a doctor just to be certain that everything is okay. As stated google is a terrible place to look up symptoms. I've done it before and it said I was dying and I got really anxious. Seeing a doctor will get this situation resolved relatively quickly.

As for the lack of the period, that could definitely be due to the eating disorder. I know people in my old treatment center who did not have periods for extended periods of time because of what the eating disorder was doing to their body.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread