TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DisneyGirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Getting wisdom teeth out... aaaah. - December 21st 2016, 04:02 PM

Long story short I had a root canal on a tooth. My parents hasn't taken me back for a crown as we were supposed to so now it broke to the point they decided there's no saving it. Now they decided that my wisdom teeth need to be extracted too so they are doing all of it at once and putting me to sleep for the surgery. I'm terrified because I've been reading stories where things went wrong during it. They constantly have a thing on ur finger measuring your pulse and blood pressure thing on your arm during it which freaks me out because a few years back my heart rate shot to an insane number at the dr and my doctor was very concerned. They tested my heart with an ekg and blood test and everything came back fine though but I still can't get over the fear that as soon as they put that thing on my finger it'll happen again. I'm just terrified beyond words and my appointment isn't even for a month! Has anyone else had theirs out and can share their experience? I'm also freaked out about being put to sleep for it because I'm worried something will go wrong and I won't wake up.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Getting wisdom teeth out... aaaah. - December 21st 2016, 05:13 PM

Hi there!

Getting teeth removed is always scary. When I was 13 I had 4 molars removed, then when I was 16 or 17 I had to get my wisdom teeth out. They use the blood pressure and pulse (the gadget on your finger) to keep track of your blood pressure and your pulse to make sure that nothing happens. The way I looked at it was if something was to happen, you are definitely in the right place. They have the tools there that are needed in case of an emergency.

The best after care I can recommend would be lots of friezes and Popsicles! Also, if you're able to see if you can get a couple rubber gloves from there, when you put water in them and freeze them they freeze in the shape of your jaw

If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me! Like I mentioned I have been through it twice, so you're not alone

Take care
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Getting wisdom teeth out... aaaah. - December 21st 2016, 11:26 PM

Hey there,

The truth is that that there are always going to be horror stories about getting surgery and there is always a possibility that something could go wrong but in most cases the surgery goes perfectly fine. I have gotten my wisdom teeth out and I also had a surgery where I had impacted I teeth removed. It was painful and I was really groggy after the surgery but everything went fine.

If you are still nervous I am sure you could call the doctors office and talk to them about your concerns. They can assure you of how often procedures go well. The stories on the internet always focus on what goes wrong instead of focusing on the numerous times it goes alright.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread