TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Wrinkles? - February 27th 2017, 03:28 AM

I first noticed wrinkles on my forehead forming at age 16 ish. Now, by wrinkles I mean light, hardly visible -- unless you're specifically looking for them -- creases on my forehead. This is due to the fact that I make very exaggerated facial expressions all the time and one of the most common is raising my eyebrows so that my forehead creases. Obviously not on purpose, but yeah.

So I guess they're not "official wrinkles" yet, as they're super light and I'm probably the only one noticing them. I asked my mom about it, who has quite a few wrinkles, especially on the forehead, resembling mine, just deeper. But she just laughed and told me I don't have wrinkles.
Even though mine aren't bad yet, it's still obvious that in the future they're going to the be there, right on my forehead, where the entire world can see.

I usually sneak a little dab from my mom's anti-wrinkle cream every so often but it's really not that effective.
Are there any natural remedies or anything I can make at home that could work for getting rid of these "wrinkles" and getting smoother skin?
I know I can just Google it, which I am doing as well so don't worry, but I figured it might save time if someone on here has personally tried or heard of a method that has worked for them or someone else.

Also, I know looks aren't everything so this really shouldn't be the most of my worries, and it's not. However, I'm at a point in my life where I'm focusing on every single flaw in myself and it would be great if I could at least improve the ones that I have control over.
Thanks

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
brain-allergic zombie
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Wrinkles? - February 27th 2017, 08:32 AM

Hey!
I know this doesnt sound much of a help but hydrocloric acid would work. Its a substance fetuses are in and thats why they never scar, fun fact. But i think coconut oil is supposed to help, makes the skin look better and is more likely to rid the baby-wrinkles. Probably using things that rejuvenate the skin and make it look healthier should work, fatty things like avocado, coconut, brazil nuts, even butter would likely work. I doubt this was much help, but i hope the internet helped too

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Wrinkles? - February 27th 2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairies and Pirates View Post
Hey!
I know this doesnt sound much of a help but hydrocloric acid would work.
Do you by any chance mean hyaluronic acid?

I'm not sure what you can do about wrinkles other than general skin care such as moisturising, and overall eating healthily and keeping hydrated. There's no harm in using anti-wrinkle cream but since you are young and the wrinkles aren't very defined, you may not see an improvement. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much, if they aren't noticeable

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: Wrinkles? - March 2nd 2017, 05:07 AM

Hey, Jess!

It can be concerning when we notice things like this, but chances are others likely won't notice unless they look real close and know what they are looking for. Regardless, wrinkles or no wrinkles - you're awesomely you! And as people say: having a few unnoticeable wrinkles just means you must have a lot of wisdom.

Taking care of your skin will ensure you have healthy skin and may help reduce future wrinkles when you are older. Perhaps you could try moisturizing facial washes, drink lots of water and maintain a healthy diet and get a proper amount of sleep. Not only will it help your skin but help your mind and body at the same time. Aside from that, make sure you protect your skin from harm. For example, sitting in the sun for a long period of time can damage/dry out your skin leading to wrinkles in the future on top of damaging your skin and causing other issues. Smoking also causes wrinkles, but it can cause issues a lot worse than wrinkles it's best to refrain for health reasons; less wrinkles are just a bonus.

You mentioned using your mom's anti-wrinkle cream. If you continue using hers or begin using one of your own, I encourage you to talk to a dermatologist about any anti-wrinkle creams you use. I've heard that some have toxins in it, and sometimes your skin is healthier when you're not using the creams. So it may be best to stick to creams with more natural ingredients or creams under the guidance of a professional to ensure it will really help your skin. One of the best things you can do is moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! A well as getting plenty of sleep, and taking care of your body and your skin. Some even say the vitamins in fruits and vegetables help your skin and reduce wrinkles a bit.

Ultimately, your overall health and happiness is important and is what matters. Remember that it is okay if you have a few wrinkles. If you have to look really hard to notice them, and other people don't notice them, they aren't bad wrinkles at all. Even as you grow older and you notice wrinkles later on, I hope you know it doesn't make you less beautiful inside and out as that beauty is within too.

Closed Thread