TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Muscle and Nerve damage (Poss SH trig) - March 6th 2017, 08:00 PM

My doctor has come to the conclusion that the pain I am getting in my legs is due to the severe self harming I have done in the past on my legs (resulting in surgery, stitches etc) which has caused never and muscle damage. He has made me aware that this will be it forever now and this was always his fear and it is really bothering me.

Not because of the pain so much. I mean the pain is frustrating when I want to go for a walk or to the gym etc but it's more about sometimes I can not walk well and that sometimes my muscles give all together and I fall over. And then it triggers my anxiety of going out too.

I mean. I don't know what I am expecting. I am maybe hoping someone knows a lot about this or that someone else has the same struggles and has some advice or something. I just, I'm fed up of it. Even in the mornings I have to manually move my legs of my bed because I can't swing them round onto the floor. The pain I hack, the lack of mobility, I can't.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Muscle and Nerve damage (Poss SH trig) - March 9th 2017, 10:29 AM

It must be hard trying to deal with the muscle and nerve weakness, especially if you find yourself falling over, which triggers your anxiety about going out.

I don't know much about muscle and nerve damage, but am wondering if physiotherapy might help a little? You may also want to look into walking sticks to help keep you steady, when you are out. Usually, the best thing to do with many nerve/muscle injuries is to slowly exercise and keep moving. Rest can help but too much time resting can make things worse, as you may feel more stiff and unsteady.

I can't imagine how frustrating it is for you, especially when you have to manually move your legs out of bed. Perhaps you could look into warm up exercises and see if that helps a little?

I'm also wondering what your doctor thinks. The damage may be permanent, but it would be good to hear what he thinks you can do to try to help yourself and make things a bit easier for you.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Muscle and Nerve damage (Poss SH trig) - March 10th 2017, 01:43 AM

Does your doctor think that you are a candidate for something such as gabapentin to help with the nerve pain?

Closed Thread