TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Unhappy Blood Tests... - April 15th 2017, 05:14 AM

I am so scared right now... I shouldn't have take the test at all.

It was all normal except I had higher uric acid, low TSH value, and slightly higher cholestrol. All others were normal. Basically saying that my kidney isnt working very well and I have hyperthyroism. Sounds okay right?

But later the doctor asked me whether I was emotionally unstable, stressed and angry all the time. I said no, but I am very scared when he asked that. Then he asked me whether I didnt sleep well at night, and again I said no... Well he deduced these from my TSH and uric acid value, respectively. And he was concerned, considering that I am still 18 years old.

And my father was listening the whole thing... I am so scared but luckily I didnt say a word that hinted anything. I did it.

But the truth is I had been extremely unhappy all the time and very, very, very stressed up during exam times. Actually no, its more like I had been completely anxious and stressed up all the time, exams are just one of the factors. And yes, I couldn't sleep well and I sleep at 1,2 AM at night because of the exams. And even if during normal days I want to sleep, I can't sleep well. It will be a good day if I can sleep more than 5 hours that day, its usually about that or less than that.

I am really worried that my parents will notice anything abnormal in me... I must be normal... They cannot know any of these... I have to be normal...

Why do blood tests able to tell how I felt everyday...

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Blood Tests... - April 15th 2017, 03:22 PM

Hyperthyroidism can cause mood swings and difficult sleeping. It sounds like the doctor wanted to check that the blood tests correlated with how you feel in yourself.

I understand that it can be difficult to be honest with your doctor, more so if your father was listening. I'm wondering if it's possible to see the doctor again without your father being there? Perhaps he could wait outside or something? It helps to be honest with your doctor so that you can be treated properly.

I'm wondering why you feel your parents can't know about how you really feel? If you can get help for your hyperthyroidism there is no shame in that.

Exam time can definitely be difficult and may make you feel more stressed and less able to sleep. Perhaps you can take time to relax, and exercise during the day to help you sleep?

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread