TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
strayalicat Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Ali

Really need help quickly - April 17th 2017, 08:51 AM

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I need help like asap. I have an exposed nerve in my tooth because of a big cavity. This has happened to me before and I had to get the tooth pulled. I'm in so much pain that I only got 2 hours of sleep before waking up with it. Usually it'd be no problem I'd tell my parents and go to the dentist. However I can't right now for two reasons.
1. I already need to work around the house to earn $60 bucks for prom I really need to go.
2. My mom just hurt her leg and needs to go to the hospital but she really won't go if she knows she'll have to take me to the dentist.
3. Money is already tight because my parents made an emergency trip to visit a dying family member which was very expensive.
I'm in so much pain but a dentist isn't really an option for the next few weeks. Please help idk what to do. I'm having like an anxiety attack right now

Last edited by arepo; April 17th 2017 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Moving to the General Health forum. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Really need help quickly - April 17th 2017, 09:09 AM

I had a similar toothache recently. Baking soda sometimes helped. Brush with baking soda, get it in there, see if that neutralizes and cleans.

I also tried sensodyne toothpaste.

There is tooth ache liquid pain killer from any drug store, pharmacy. Ambisil, look in the dental section, get cheaper generic version.

Beyond that, sooner you see dentist, sooner and cheaper it will be to fix. Wait and tooth keeps decaying, then it's much more expensive to fix, or it may be too late and tooth must be removed, which can cost a lot if it's a hard one to remove.

Dentist can work out a payment plan. May give a discount if you are a poor student.

Tell dentist your situation, ask if they will accept a treat now, pay later arrangement.

There is usually an emergency dentist on call for night emergencies. A little internet searching may find it, or call one and see if their answering machine or service mentions who's on call or what number to call for dental emergencies.

Closed Thread