TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~anongirl~ Offline
Not a n00b

Name: anonymousgurl

(Embarrassing) Problems w/ bad breath - May 25th 2017, 12:29 AM

This is so so embarrassing for me.

So basically for the past week or more, I've been feeling random aches and pains in various areas in my mouth, some on my gums, some in my inner cheek, etc.

I've also been experiencing toothaches as well as very red, sore & tender spots on the gum above the aching tooth (which I think means its a cavity). I'm going to the dentist tomorrow.

Anyways, for the past couple days, the problem progressed to the point that i can tell my breath is starting to smell. i am very ashamed to say this but people are starting to notice. The other day my mom was talking to me and she winced in disgust when i was talking to her and said "oh my gosh i can smell it from here" and i felt really awkward so i just said "oh sorry" and she was like "No this isnt normal bad breath. it smells REALLY bad, like you have an infection or something"...

Today when she and i were speaking in my room, i asked her if it still smelled and she said yes. at school, my friend was sitting next to me in class and out of nowhere she was like "did u have tuna for lunch?" and i said no and she takes out her mint gum and is like "here" and i told her i didnt want it, and she was like "believe me, you need it". it was mortifying, some other people in class heard

Anyways, what can I do to fix my problem with my bad breath??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: (Embarrassing) Problems w/ bad breath - May 25th 2017, 03:05 PM

Sorry to hear that you have been having aches and pains in your mouth as well as toothache. It's very good that you have the dentist tomorrow as there is a high chance that the bad breath is related to all the other symptoms you are experiencing, and I'm sure your dentist will be able to find ways of treating the issue.

Bad breath is often caused by bacteria, whether that's an infection with your gums, teeth or even your tonsils. The best way to keep bad breath at bay is to maintain good oral hygiene. This means brushing your teeth at least twice a day, for around several minutes at a time, as well as perhaps flossing or using mouthwash after meals to prevent build up of bacteria and plaque in your teeth and mouth. Also, if there is an infection of any kind, then you may be given antibiotics which will help fight the infection, and the bad breath will go as a result.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel ashamed because of the bad breath and that others have noticed. I can't imagine what that's like for you but remember it's not your fault. Problems with teeth and bad breath are common and as long as you are going to the dentist and getting the issue treated, that's all that matters.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: (Embarrassing) Problems w/ bad breath - May 27th 2017, 08:42 AM

Also brush your tongue.

Ask your dentist if you should rinse with mouthwash. That might help if you've been having such extreme problems. Try different brands. Find one you like. That way you'll use it more often.

Closed Thread