TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Phantom_Girl Offline
Actual Disney Princess
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Meg

Can't stop scratching my face - July 7th 2017, 05:04 AM

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum!

So I know this is like really random but recently I've found that I can't stop scratching or picking at my face. It's mostly my cheeks and nose. I have a bit of acne there and I always find my self subconsciously picking or scratching at it thus making it worse. My face is starting to scar now and produce more acne. It also leaves my face very red and irritated. I can't seem to stop doing it, it's like compulsive at this point. What can I do to stop scratching at my face? I can only think to maybe wear gloves but if there's any other way I'd be open! Thanks!

Savvy?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Latibule Offline
whyy?

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Can't stop scratching my face - July 7th 2017, 08:19 AM

Hey Meg,
I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I know how hard and frustrating this is. I find that I will start scratching a scratch or a bump on my skin and then I cannot stop until I make it something bigger and make it raw and sting. So I totally understand this.

My suggestion to you is cut your finger nails really short( but I also no that sometimes that makes it easier to scratch. What I usually do is get acrylic nails and cut them so they are square and have rounded edges, you can also cut them so they are rounded all the way, That makes it a lot harder to scratch and do any damage. I also recommend since you have acne that maybe you could try products that get rid of the acne that way there won't be anything on your face that you could pick.

do you find yourself doing this when you are stressed, overwhelmed or upset? To me this kind of sounds like extortion disorder, but I am not a doctor and cannot diagnose you with that. But i highly recommend that you go see a doctor and tell them about this in detail that way they know exactly what you are dealing with and can find a way to help you.

If you ever need someone to talk to about this you can always pm/VM me anytime.

Your Friend,
Essa

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself"
|Member 2007|Community Mentor|
|PM/VM|

Send a message via AIM to Latibule Send a message via Yahoo to Latibule Send a message via Skype™ to Latibule 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Brittany

Re: Can't stop scratching my face - July 8th 2017, 09:21 PM

Hi there,

This is definitely a tough issue to deal with. I agree with Essa with her suggestion of clipping your finger nails short. This might be the best way to help stop.

I'm also going to move this to another forum, general health, as I believe it would fit best there. I don't feel as though this is necessarily an addiction, but I also don't believe that you're self harming, so that's why I'm moving it to general health

Stay Strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

Closed Thread