TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mrabused Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

What are chances of me growing taller??? - August 20th 2017, 07:07 AM

Ok, I know, you may think this is ridiculous because I'm 13 and yeah i have much more years to come and stuff.

thing is I hit puberty when i was 11 - 12 ish, now im 166cm tall, and my dad is 168cm while my mom is only 159cm, my parents are not very tall so i fear that i will not grow taller as well... I have been the same height for the past 7 months, my weight is pretty healthy but im still not growing any taller!!
so I want to ask, what are the chances of me growing taller? how do i achieve my maximum height? and is my height all about my genes???

Much appreciated, again, sorry if this is a little stupid

We all have issues.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: What are chances of me growing taller??? - August 20th 2017, 08:20 AM

Hey,
To be honest you're probably going to grow. You're just 13, and puberty may have started it goes on a while. There isn't an accurate way to predict how tall you'll grow to be honest, but I think you should grow, at least another growth spurt.
I grew slowly but consistently, but I know someone who would be stagnant for a while and then shoot up. Just wait and watch. Height is influenced by genes, but things like diet etc play a factor. Eat healthy, exercise etc and you're giving yourself the best chance.

Hope this answers your questions

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
shlomit Offline
Queen of the Cacti
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ♔ Shlomit

Re: What are chances of me growing taller??? - August 22nd 2017, 07:13 AM

Boys stop growing when they're around sixteen, though some continue to grow up to another inch into their late teens. They fall into 2 categories when it comes to puberty: early maturers (11-12) and late maturers (13-14). You're in the first group, which means that you're growing at a normal rate. Early maturers tend to grow at a slower rate than their later counterparts, who have to make up for lost time.

Height is controlled almost entirely by genetics. There's some evidence that suggests 5 specific vitamins can contribute to growth (D, B1, B2/riboflavin, C/ascorbic acid, and calcium). All of these can be bought in daily supplements at health food stores, or you can increase your dietary intake by eating more fish, mushrooms, eggs, fortified cereal, dairy, meat, seeds, legumes, oats, citrus fruits, yogurt, spinach, broccoli, and kale. As you can see, you can boost your vitamin levels just by eating a healthy variety of food. Going outside for 15-20 minutes a day with exposed skin and no sunscreen also creates vitamin D, and helps keep your mood stable as well.

You still have a good 3 years to grow, and you're only 10 centimeters/3 inches below the average height of a 20 year old man (176 cm or 5 ft 10 in). It's reasonable to expect that you could grow that much in the next 3-5 years. If you don't, though, you'll be okay. 5 ft 7 in is a perfectly normal height for a man and is nowhere near short.

Closed Thread