TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wishes Offline
Hello

Junior TeenHelper

Name: 爱

Littlest bit embarrassing - October 4th 2017, 12:28 PM

So I haven't been for a no.2 for 8 days.
I usually don't go everyday anyway, maybe twice or thrice a week.
But now it has been more than a week. I have been restricting for nearly 2 weeks now, maybe that has something to do with it? I don't know.

Any advice is appreciated

"Every Experience Is A Gift from The Universe"

http://www.instagram.com/_.2204_/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Littlest bit embarrassing - October 4th 2017, 02:24 PM

There are several things you can try. Milk of magnesia is a laxative and can help get things going. Magnesium citrate is a stronger version. I would try one of those two first and see how that works. It should get things going within two days, but as soon as a half and hour (so I would stay near a bathroom if I were you). Both of those are available over the counter and can be found at any pharmacy or grocery store.

As for becoming more regular, you can buy fiber powder and mix it into a drink. This will help you go on a more regular basis if constipation is something you have an issue with. I hope that helps and that you feel better soon.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Littlest bit embarrassing - October 4th 2017, 03:02 PM

Hey there,

When you don't eat properly it can impact your bowel movements. I know a lot of people in the treatment center had to deal with that and once they started eating regularly again they started to get regular again. It was actually a joke we would all make in treatment.

So, your eating could be playing a part in your irregularity. If you see a doctor who knows about your eating issues you might be able to discuss this with them. Adding fiber to your diet might help to an extent. I think some of the girls from treatment did that but, if it is caused by your eating, it probably won't get better till you start eating better.

I know I struggled with this same issue when I was purging and restricting. I would even eat an actual meal and I wouldn't be able to go for a while but when I am regular I don't have that problem.

Best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Wishes Offline
Hello

Junior TeenHelper

Name: 爱

Re: Littlest bit embarrassing - October 5th 2017, 10:43 AM

thank you both of you for the help, it was very helpful thank you

"Every Experience Is A Gift from The Universe"

http://www.instagram.com/_.2204_/

(#5 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Littlest bit embarrassing - October 7th 2017, 07:31 AM

I have a friend who's on massive amounts of Methadone for pain (or for Heroin addiction, but that's another story. It doesn't matter. The point is she's taking massive amounts of it each day. Fortunately she has to go to the clinic every day to get it, which makes it less likely she'll overdose on it and die.

But it's highly constipating! As in she can go 3 weeks without going. It gets painful for her as everything's backed up. Food goes in, nothing comes out. All that food got to be somewhere...

There's not much we can do for her. She's has some success with Psyllium, a type of, I forget, but Metamucil is another one, though she swears by Psyllium.

She says laxatives don't work for her. She could drink that stuff they make you drink when you're going to have a colonoscopy, and they want to clean you out real well, so you drink this stuff from the pharmacy, and a waterfall comes out of your butt.

Except it doesn't work for her. She's so backed up, it gets painful, and nothing gets it out.

But it eventually comes out. She goes to the doctor, doctor prescribes some antibiotic (I don't understand, but somehow that helps).

We keep suggesting she consider weening off the the Methadone, but she likes the stuff.

Anyway. I think 1 - 3 days is normal. Beyond 3 -5 gets slightly long. Beyond 7 is unusual, and one may wonder if the person is eating anything. Apparently it can go 2 - 3 weeks without my friend exploding, though she does end up in a lot of pain. (Which is ironic, because Methadone is a massive pain medication, so to be in pain when you're taking massive amounts of a very strong pain medication, indicates you're going down the rabbit hole.

Closed Thread