TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DanceCommander Offline
Don't Panic
Outside, huh?

Name: Jordan

Spontaneous nosebleed - March 3rd 2018, 01:17 AM

I know I made a thread yesterday, but something else happened to me today that's concerning. Today I was in my therapist's office for our session when I felt like my nose was running, but when I went to wipe my nose it was blood coming out. I have never had a nosebleed as an adult. In fact I don't even remember the last time I had a nosebleed, although I think I had at least one as a child, though that was probably from injuring my nose.

Today my hands were nowhere near my face any time close to when the nosebleed happened. My nose isn't injured. One could argue maybe it was my septum piercing retainer but I hadn't touched it at all and I haven't had problems with it bleeding before it was healed. I looked up some causes and it wasn't hot/the central heating wasn't on and it wasn't dry.

Basically what could've caused this nosebleed? Should I be worried? If it happens again should I go to my doctor and, if so, in what time span (a week, two weeks, a month, etc.)? Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where-"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."

~The Chesire Cat to Alice~
  Send a message via Yahoo to DanceCommander  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Online
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Spontaneous nosebleed - March 3rd 2018, 05:50 AM

Nose bleeds can happen for any reason really, some people are more prone to them than others. If you were able to stop it and had no other symptoms, it's probably nothing to worry about. If you start getting them more frequently or have trouble getting them to stop, you should get it checked out.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Spontaneous nosebleed - March 4th 2018, 02:51 PM

I was going to say maybe it was heating/dry air, but it doesn't sound like it was. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as it could just be one of those things that just seem to happen.

If it happens more often, then it's worth going to the doctor. As for a time span, I guess it could depend on the severity? For example, if you get frequent (daily/weekly) heavy nosebleeds, then you'd want to get that checked out as soon as possible. But if you get less frequent (monthly) and not so heavy nosebleeds, then there would be less urgency.

You might want to check out this for other ideas on possible causes and treatments.

HelpLINK Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
~Abibliophobe~ Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Spontaneous nosebleed - March 5th 2018, 05:16 AM

There are a ton of reasons as to why. I had a few nosebleeds in the past (they happened three times in a row) so I went to the doctor and they did some tests. She told me she didn't think there was anything wrong but she wanted to run tests just to put me at ease and to be certain.

The results came back normal and she told me it might just be due to the whether change.

If it continues to happen it's worth getting checked out just to be certain but it's likely just a fluke. The nosebleeds I had were the first I ever had which is probably why I got a little freaked out.

Closed Thread