TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

sharp stomach pain - March 11th 2018, 04:28 AM

[SIZE="a"]i was running in PE for our fitness unit (we had to run for 15 minutes) and somewhere in the middle i got a severe, sharp pain in my lower right side. i kind of pressed on it and pinched it as i ran, thinking it was just a stitch that athletes get sometimes. But even after i was pinching it the pain wouldnt go away, and after a minute or two it just got worse. i forced myself to keep running but the pain was so excruciating i had to stop. but when i was walking it still hurt (like literally the pain was already bad, but if i took one step forward or made a small move with my body a sharp pain would shoot through my right side). Even breathing started to hurt -- I would take a deep breath and then the sharp pain would stab at my stomach again. I had to stop the running and all of the other students ran except me because i couldnt do it , the pain was making it nearly impossible.

i have a history of very severe constipation and colon problems, so i dont know if this is it. not gonna lie ive kind of been slacking off on drinking the right amount of water, so maybe the dehydration caused the constipation to get worse, and that was why i got the sharp pain in the lower right part of my stomach???[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Svisttt Offline
Art Dork~

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: sharp stomach pain - March 11th 2018, 05:58 AM

Hey!

I'm glad you stopped running, try not to force yourself to keep going if you start getting severe pain like this. I know it might be a little embarrassing, but it's better to be safe.

Have you spoken to your parents or anyone else about this at all? If not, let someone know if this happens again and try to drink more. It could definitely be from something like constipation (especially if you haven't gone in awhile), so try to drink a bit more and if you're concerned you can look into some over the counter remedies or something like that. If the pain worsens, see about going to a doctor if you're able to, as it might be something more worrying like appendicitis. We're not doctors or anything though, so take this with a grain of salt!

"hold me
whatever lies beyond this morning
is a little later on."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Re: sharp stomach pain - March 11th 2018, 05:29 PM

[SIZE="a"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svisttt View Post
Hey!

I'm glad you stopped running, try not to force yourself to keep going if you start getting severe pain like this. I know it might be a little embarrassing, but it's better to be safe.

Have you spoken to your parents or anyone else about this at all? If not, let someone know if this happens again and try to drink more. It could definitely be from something like constipation (especially if you haven't gone in awhile), so try to drink a bit more and if you're concerned you can look into some over the counter remedies or something like that. If the pain worsens, see about going to a doctor if you're able to, as it might be something more worrying like appendicitis. We're not doctors or anything though, so take this with a grain of salt!
thank you so much!!! yes i think it really has to do with my intestinal/colon problems, i honestly have been having trouble with that lately (sorry for being gross).
I honestly dont want to sound overdramatic here, but i was looking into my symptoms online and i think i might have some of the symptoms of colon cancer. the past few months ive lost a dramatic amount of weight [Edited] for no reason -- i dont excercise and have a poor diet (tend to crave junky, high-carb foods). i thought the weight loss was because of my anti-depressants that ive been taking for a little over a year now, and my dosage changed recently, so i thought that was why i was losing dramatic amount of weight in a few months. but some of the symptoms im getting seem to be going more towards the possibility of colon cancer.[/size]

Last edited by Celyn; March 11th 2018 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Please don't post weight numbers- it's against the ToS :)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: sharp stomach pain - March 11th 2018, 05:53 PM

It could've been what's known as a stitch, or it could've been related to your constipation/colon issues.

When we are constipated, and don't drink enough water, the faeces in our bowel become hardened. This can make things like running feel painful.

I understand that you would be concerned about the pain and go looking for symptoms online, and while sometimes it can be helpful to get an idea of what you might be facing, other times, it's not helpful as we might worry about something we might not have. Even though weight loss is a symptom of bowel cancer, it's usually found in those over the age of 65 and have other symptoms like blood in faeces. And even then, some of the symptoms are similar to constipation, which you already have. Also, anti-depressants can definitely cause changes in weight. so that might be partly responsible.

Try to keep hydrated, and keep going with any medications you might be taking to help with constipation. If you are concerned about your symptoms, then it's best to talk with a doctor

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread