TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Bloating help? - April 2nd 2018, 12:01 PM

I'm not 100% sure what caused this but I woke up this morning really bloated and just gassy. I've been stressed, eating different foods than usual but also wonder if I ate something a bit off yesterday, maybe a dairy product or something. It's not too bad because I've not actually been sick or had diarrhoea or anything. But I'm still pretty gassy and don't really know what to do. Can't go to the chemist since it's a bank holiday and everything is shut.

Any advice?

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Bloating help? - April 3rd 2018, 08:49 AM

Do you eat right before bed? Sometimes it can cause an upset stomach. Eating lying down can cause acid reflex and bloating with gas. No always does that affect others. If you are eating more spicy foods it can cause some changes as your body adjusts, same with foods high in acidity (tomato sauce and sauces).

It's good that gas is moving, but it can be annoying.

Before bed drinking ginger tea can help with your stomach. Fennel tea can also help. I have tried taking a spoonful of honey which can help. I also find drinking some milk and sitting up after can help to relieve the acid reflux (if you experience this).

It comes down to diet. If your body is used to foods you normally ate and then suddenly you eat different foods it can be hard for your body to adjust. Some foods people have food intolerances which can be hard to digest and can irritate the stomach.

If you like taking baths you can try Epsom salt baths when you feel bloated. You can also use a heating pad if the bloating is painful or uncomfortable.

Drinking water throughout the day can help flush your system it may not help with the bloating but increasing your water intake could help you digestion system.

I hope this was helpful, Holly. If you need anything feel free to let me know.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Bloating help? - April 3rd 2018, 06:00 PM

I get this way at times and the only thing that has helped me is the over the counter gas-x pills. I get the gas that is really painful and the bloat adds to it. The gas-x does help a bit. If you consider that you might want to consult the chemist or your doctor to make sure they are okay with that since I consulted mine.

I don't really seem to have foods that cause it (wish I did) it just happens randomly so I keep the pills handy. I know a while back my doctor told me that if the pain and bloat gets too bad I could take milk of magnesium but that scared me so I never tried.

Again, these are things that help me but you need to consult a doctor since I am not a professional and I don't want you getting help. I am mostly mentioning this so you can talk to them about the likelihood of it working for you.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread