TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ari N' Art Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ari/Dani

Question Strange Constant Pain? - August 6th 2018, 04:57 AM

I'm in constant pain.
To put it shortly... my parents think it's because of my posture (Witch is not that bad, actually)
But I disagree. A constant, aching, throbbing pain in one's lower back, thighs and legs aren't caused by just poor posture.
No matter how I sit, stand or walk, it always ends up hurting.
I have my theories, I've asked my doctor, complained till my parents send me away to lay down so I'll shut up.
No one knows what's wrong.
And I'm on my last straw. It doesn't even hurt that bad most of the time. But I get flare-ups of pain. Even then, shouldn't be enough to make me cry, and it still does.
I'm sensitive right now, yes.
But just last week I was at camp, having the time of my life when low and behold it starts hurting.
Instantly I'm at the verge of tears. I can't stand this pain anymore, I need answers.
And before anyone asks, I've tried so many painkillers. I only get temporary (Very very short) relief from 500mg of Acetaminophen (aka Tylenol/Paracetamol)
What can I do to cope with it? If not find the root or fix this problem...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Strange Constant Pain? - August 7th 2018, 08:00 PM

Sorry to hear you get flare ups of severe pain.

Unfortunately, we aren't professionals so we can't diagnose you. The problem with such pain is that it could be many things ranging from poor posture, awkward sleeping positions, menstrual pain (particularly lower back), strains and injuries from being active as well as many medical conditions.

You mention that you asked your doctor and I'm wondering what they might've suggested? It may be worth going back to your doctor or getting a second opinion from another doctor. It's not always helpful to use painkillers, especially if it's chronic pain you are dealing with as you can build up tolerance. If a doctor doesn't know what's wrong, then they should be able to refer you to someone who can help you. If it is posture or strain related, then some physiotherapy might help.

In the meantime, you might want to look into heat rubs or using hot water bottles to help soothe the pain a bit when it flares up.

Hope you get the help you need

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ari N' Art Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ari/Dani

Re: Strange Constant Pain? - August 7th 2018, 09:39 PM

My doctor did suggest some muscle relaxers, but my dad was strongly against that so I won't be getting to try that.
I have a friend with chronic pain, and she says what I describe could be what she has, but her's is a bit different.
I'm not sure, but we only see my doctor once a year, and she's a pediatrician and honestly I dunno if she has the slightest clue of what could be wrong.

Closed Thread