TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    Valentine's Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doglover2 Offline
Just a hooman
Average Joe

Name: Me

Some health questions - February 7th 2019, 02:55 AM

So in case this makes any difference to the questions below, I going to start off with a few things.
Recently, I began exercising more. Light Cardio mostly. I'm improving my overeating problem (as in, I haven't done it as much as I used to.). I have noticed I eat fast... And around 2 in the afternoon, I walk my dog and around 10PM I do some light cardio (jogging in place for ten minutes while the WiiFit keeps tracks of things inaccurately but well enough).

Questions/Problems:

1. In the mornings, I feel a bit queasy but hungry. Like having the feeling if hungry but my body is saying its not but is. If that makes sense... Not sure what that is.

2. I randomly get cold. Even if its not as cold as my body tells me. Like cold flashes. Not sure what that's about.

3. I get random headaches. Not sure what those are about....

I plan on telling my doctor, but didn't want to make an immediate appointment unless it's serious or continues. Maybe its something I can easily fix? Any ideas?

I can reach out
To someone not like me
If you ask for help it doesn't make you weak

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Some health questions - February 7th 2019, 06:27 PM

It's great that you are trying to exercise more. I'm wondering what your eating habits are like? You mention that you are trying to improve your overeating- is this something that you were told to do by a health professional or something you decided to do?

I ask because even though it's great to do more exercise and get healthier, sometimes we might not get the balance quite right, which can sometimes lead to the symptoms you describe. For example, if we over do the exercise instead of building up slowly, and 'diet' by cutting down on food or cutting out food groups entirely, and not drinking enough fluids after exercise, we may feel unwell. This is especially true if we have underlying health issues like diabetes or vitamin deficiencies.

Does it help eating breakfast in the morning? If you skip breakfast, you may feel queasy. And if you have an early dinner the night before, it makes sense that you may feel a mixture of hunger and queasiness in the morning. In general, try to keep eating a balanced diet (you can find out more here: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/ ), take your time when it comes to eating, keep up with your fluids, especially when exercising and see if that helps your symptoms.

It's always good to bring up health concerns with your doctor too

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Some health questions - February 7th 2019, 06:33 PM

I agree with Holly but also want to ask if you’re hydrated? It may help to get one of those water bottles that have the amounts on it so you can track how much you’re drinking. When you’re exercising it’s especially important to make sure you’re drinking enough to replace fluids lost through sweat.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Doglover2 Offline
Just a hooman
Average Joe

Re: Some health questions - February 7th 2019, 11:13 PM

It's something that was recommended by my doctor since I was close to getting diabetes. The whole family is trying to cut most junk food out (Ocassional treat and all) and it is something that I've been wanting to do. My doctor gave me articles about nutrition and exercise. I do drink water, but maybe it's not enough.

And eating breakfast does help, which is why I was a bit confused. Been trying to track calorie intake. There's an app that tracks what I'm eating and if it notices I didn't eat enough, it tells me to eat and why it's important to stay above the minimum requirement.

Maybe I did jump in too quickly, but I'll check if there's nutrients I'm missing and try to drink more water.

I can reach out
To someone not like me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
rileypark009 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Some health questions - February 8th 2019, 05:37 AM

Your body is feeling hungry in the morning because you have been sleeping the whole night and not eating. I think it's common among people to feel hungry when they wake up in the morning.
As for the headache, have you been drinking enough water? Dehydration can cause headache.
Talk to your doc. He will know more

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BusyGirl1995 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Some health questions - February 9th 2019, 06:04 PM

Are you pregnant?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Doglover2 Offline
Just a hooman
Average Joe

Re: Some health questions - February 12th 2019, 02:04 AM

If I'm pregnant I would be terrified. Mainly because I haven't had any sexual contact in anyway. My doctor thinks I could have PCOS since symptoms (what I have mentioned and from a few lab tests) match up. Not sure if these are common with PCOS. (I do need an ultrasound to completely confirm it. Haven't had it yet.)

I'm trying to drink more water, since I've been exercising more.

Today, it wasn't bad in the morning but something weird happened.
I was just sitting at my desk when I suddenly had the urge to vomit (but didn't) and I got very lightheaded. Earlier in the day I had headache meds and according to the label, those symptoms were overdose. However, I only took 2 and it says not to exceed 8 on 24 hours. Plus if it was an OD I'd feel it sooner than I did. I also had an unripened cantaloupe if that makes a difference.

Maybe I am dehydrated...

I can reach out
To someone not like me

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Luminescence. Offline
Articles Writer
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Some health questions - February 12th 2019, 02:28 AM

Are you getting the appropriate amount of nutrients? Suddenly changing your diet can have a negative effect on your body's health. Always consult with a nutritionist or your primary care practictioner before making drastic changes to your diet and active lifestyle.

Also, it sounds like you are working out too much. Take it easy, listen when your body tells you to stop. Nobody is going to take exercise away from you! Little steps to better health and fitness can ensure that you will remain healthy and fit in the long run.

Best of luck.

Articles Writer

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Ppinauma Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Some health questions - February 17th 2019, 09:21 PM

The main thing is not to overdo it with workouts and watch the power