TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   Exercise balls for back pain or just in general (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t162796-exercise-balls-back-pain-just-general/)

Rika April 14th 2022 03:09 PM

Exercise balls for back pain or just in general

I see these exercise balls which really think would help for people with back/low back pain. Does anyone have experience using an exercise ball?

I do plan to get one, if not just get a better computer chair. I need a new one badly.

Here's a link to one for example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DK9QZV9...4S2NY799FS5YAV

It's just an interesting idea is all.

Storyteller. April 14th 2022 11:41 PM

Re: Exercise balls for back pain or just in general

I bought one of these when I had a back injury a few years ago and I've gotten some good use out of it since then. I don't use it as a regular chair but it does come in handy for stretching and exercising; since my job is very physically demanding part of my after-work routine involves using my exercise ball to stretch out my back/shoulder muscles, and it not only helps prevent injuries and stiffness but it also just feels really good. I'd definitely recommend them!

Rika April 15th 2022 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingless. (Post 1378125)
I bought one of these when I had a back injury a few years ago and I've gotten some good use out of it since then. I don't use it as a regular chair but it does come in handy for stretching and exercising; since my job is very physically demanding part of my after-work routine involves using my exercise ball to stretch out my back/shoulder muscles, and it not only helps prevent injuries and stiffness but it also just feels really good. I'd definitely recommend them!

Yes, I have seen some mostly use it if their job is like an office job and they sit all day long. It's good for that too I read online! Seems quite interesting, may consider one then.

Rika April 21st 2022 03:16 PM

Update: I still am considering this. I may ask for a new referral to physical therapy, do that whole session, and then if nothing ask for a referral to pain management. I gotta do physical therapy or attempt it before that pain management referral.

Silvan April 24th 2022 01:34 PM

Rika,

I believe such a ball is a great tool for allieviating back pain. The Internet offers numerous resources in that matter (how to use them properly, what kind of exercises to do etc.).

A lot depends on your motivation - this ball can help you with your pain, but, as with all exercises, you need to be consistent.

All the best
S

Rika January 18th 2023 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvan (Post 1378316)
Rika,

I believe such a ball is a great tool for allieviating back pain. The Internet offers numerous resources in that matter (how to use them properly, what kind of exercises to do etc.).

A lot depends on your motivation - this ball can help you with your pain, but, as with all exercises, you need to be consistent.

All the best
S

This is sooo true. I know that my last attempt doing PT they even pretty much said on the paper I got that it is on you to do your exercises at home. You need to be consistent with them and do them as many times a day or so as your physical therapist assigns. I never did go back to try physical therapy again, but may try the clinic my father went to instead.

I honestly was expecting a slight bit more out of PT back then, but realized that what you said is true. A lot of is does rely on you and being consistent.