TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fieryfxcker Offline
Eternally Yours.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jasmine.

Drowsiness, Dizzyness - January 22nd 2009, 07:53 AM

I always seem to be dizzy, blacking out or actually fainting. I never seem to have energy no matter how much I sleep, and now I am weak and what have you. Its confused. Ive had 2 blood tests and nothing is wrong with me.
Now my mum keeps calling me 'pyschosmatic' and that im faking being ill and that im mental and that its all in my head

confused,

*I'm a slow dying flower, in the frost-killing hour, turning sour and untouchable.*

Send a message via MSN to Fieryfxcker Send a message via Skype™ to Fieryfxcker 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Drowsiness, Dizzyness - January 22nd 2009, 08:41 AM

Maybe you should see a doctor. Are you stressed? Allergic to anything? Are you on medication?

During the day try & keep awake, dont have little naps, coz that will make your sleep pattern off key. & when you go to bed, have a relaxing bath to calm you down.

My meds make me weak & drowsy, the other day I thought I was going to faint. I know what its like...PM if you want to talk/

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Fieryfxcker Offline
Eternally Yours.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Drowsiness, Dizzyness - January 22nd 2009, 10:20 AM

I'm on medication. Medication doesn't work. prozac sucks.
Not allergic to anything as far as I know. And we only have a shower in the flat so the bath thingy is out of the window lol. My friend at school calls me a vampire as I am so pale, with bright blue eyes, and I tend to always fall asleep at school and awake a night haha. its crazy.
People just tend to think i'm faking now. I even break bones or damage easily too. For instance I punched my friend playfighting and damaged all my nerves. I always seem to get injured and everything. It really does suck. Even im on 3 painkillers a day and im still in pain :S

*I'm a slow dying flower, in the frost-killing hour, turning sour and untouchable.*

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: Drowsiness, Dizzyness - January 22nd 2009, 10:33 AM

Are you eating enough? It could be a symptom of malnutrition particularly in carbohydrates since they give the most energy

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Fieryfxcker Offline
Eternally Yours.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Drowsiness, Dizzyness - January 22nd 2009, 11:10 AM

I do eat carbohydrates (: like bread and cereal and pasta and stuff.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: Drowsiness, Dizzyness - January 22nd 2009, 12:09 PM

Do you eat everything else? For example; you could not be getting enough iron, so make sure you're eating plenty of iron-rich foods like nuts, beans, eggs, red meat ect. You need to make sure you eat a healthy balanced diet in order to stay exactly that; healthy.
I have the same problem and it sucks, to say the very least. I am pale, thin, always tired, energyLESS, weak, dizzy, i have blacked out about 3/4 times in my life and i regularly feel close to fainting; i also suffer from bad headaches and i feel nauseaous almost every day.
The thing is; i've been tested for ABSOLUTELY everything possible and it always comes back negative. I've had brain scans, blood tests, x-rays, even THERAPY because they wanted to work out if i was making it up and if it was all in my mind.

The thing is; when people can't find out what's wrong with you - it's frustrating because everyone around you thinks you're exaggerating or making it up, and that's what hurts the most for me.

Anyway, good luck in trying to find out what is wrong with you. I'm off to the docs on friday, (again) as my last batch of iron tablets did not seem to make any difference, so we are going to try something else.

Take care, and PM me if you feel like talking.x

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Fieryfxcker Offline
Eternally Yours.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Drowsiness, Dizzyness - January 22nd 2009, 12:15 PM

Sorry to hear that.
Im vegetarian, but i do each alternatives. I do eat fruit as well as vegetables, and I try to stay healthy. I get alot worse when i come down with a cold or chest infection. I collapse or black out alot more often.
At the moment, I lack self confidence big style. so I exercise too to try and stay fit (:

Closed Thread