TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

confidence issues - January 27th 2010, 09:08 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i have no confidence what so ever, and at work my manager likes me to stand at the front and greet the children and parents as they come into the preschool. the only problem is i hate being put right at the front on show, everyones looking at me and i hate it. the thing i find myself doing the most is standing there with my hands in my pockets or im twisting my sleeve. and i find that talking in a group with only 2 - 3 children really hard, and when i have to read a story to them at story time in a bigger group with up to 15 - 16 children its even harder. i have no confidence and i no i dont, and i cant seem to get my confidence up it just wont happen, i have tried karate / self defense classes and that has not helped. how else can i get some confidence ? i need to get some as i need to be stood at the front to greet the children and their parents ? would it be worth explaining to my manager that i dont feel confident standing at the front where everyone can see me ? or should i talk to my tutor at college about it because im also finding it hard to ask for help at college i cant even ask for help at work or college when im not sure because i feel to plain damned embrassed to do so. should i talk to my college or my manager or both ? and how do i get my confidence back ?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
strong-but-weak Offline
Musical mess
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Leah

Re: confidence issues - January 28th 2010, 04:14 PM

Hun, You'll find it nearly impossible to talk to someone about this if you don't have any confidence. It's hard to do for everyone. Asking for help isn't easy.
What I would suggest is look at everything that makes you amazing. Maybe you can sing really well or you're a great athelete behind closed doors. Remember those things when you're feeling down. Remember that you are beautiful and your manager obviously thinks you can greet the kids in the mornings.
You know what always works really well? Smile. Put your shoulders back and smile. You'll look confident and sooner or later you'll start to feel it. Do things that makes you feel good. If you really want to, then you should talk to someone about it and they can help you too.

And no matter what my heart [</3] says
I have to let you walk away
maybe someday

I can't fight for you anymore
But it's too hard to watch you fall.
But watching you go breaks my heart
But I want to.

Closed Thread