TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Robin Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Serious Health issue - January 28th 2010, 10:24 PM

Lately ive had ALOT of stress, the most ive had in my life.

Heres a short easy list, some of it goes deeper so at first glance it might not look like alot:
- I lost all my friends (thats not a joke i only have 2 now)
- My girlfriend broke up with me and then we got back together but im worried (more stress added here 24/7)
- My dad had a big argument with me about when he left my mum
- my brother might be going to war AGAIN and hes never at home
- My mum lost her job
- College is horrible im not enjoying what im doing at all but im doing it because it gets my mum money she needa and gets me 30 a week.. Its painful
- im looking for a job during all of this
- Im getting some hate messages from old friends
- Above all of this for about a week i ate hardly anything ive had a couple of good days but usually its bad eating, im loosing weight i think
- Im not sleeping much at all, the most sleep i had was last night which i slept for 9 hours, But throughout the week its been 3-4 hours a night, sometimes less
- my mum told me im bringing her down cus im depressed and that hurt to hear

Heres where the real issue lies
- By the symptons ive descirbed (Increase heart rate, Sometimes strong and sometimes really off beat)
- Mind feels like its spinning and going to explode
- Heavy breathing
- Feeling like my airways are closing

Now that may explain 2 panic attacks, but whats bothering me is if i get a little stressed or really stressed, My heart sometimes feels like its being stabbed, not horrible but it can hurt, like a throbbing stabbing pain, sometimes it increases in rate, other times it stays normal and my heart really hurts.

I should add yesturday and the day before that, There werent many problems, i was kind of making sure i didnt get stressed but today i lost my mates and it just hit me and im struggling to keep my head above water.

I have thought about the doctors but it went for a couple of days, but it came back a couple of hours ago

something i just noticed sometimes when it hurts my heart goes really slow and light, i mean i just felt it and i am struggling to feel it but a couple of days ago when it happened for the whole day i could see it through my jumper.

Last edited by Robin; January 28th 2010 at 10:51 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Serious Health issue - January 28th 2010, 10:57 PM

Hey there Robin. It sounds to me like you are dealing with a lot of anxiety and stress.

A lot of times when we are mentally stressed out and having troubles it manifests in different physical ways. Panic attacks and anxiety can both make your heart race, mind spin and cause heavy breathing. This is not very good on your body though and I think it would be a good idea to talk with your doctor. Whenever the heart is involved it's always best to see someone. It might be something as simple as trying different relaxation techniques or an anti-anxiety medication.

Definitely see a doctor though. And just an added note, therapy could help you work through all the different stresses and problems in your life. Everyone needs help sometimes so don't be afraid to give it a try if things don't improve.

I hope you are doing okay right now. Feel free to PM me anytime.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Serious Health issue - January 28th 2010, 11:07 PM

If those 'symptoms" you described are experienced often, not just once in a while for a couple of days, then they may be symptoms of an anxiety disorder. If you speak to a doctor about these they will best be able to advise you. Also, if it's bugging you enough that you considered going to the doctor, then it's certainly worth going to see a doctor, just to put your mind at ease.
As for your relationship, work on it often and things will run smoother than ignoring her for a couple of days, it will leave you both a little more positive and arguments will be less likely. If you try and agree and compromise more often, it will also help.
Your dad sounds a little mad, maybe you should leave it for a while and a) wait until he apologises b) or talk to him when you know he's calmed down.

It would be better to help yourself now, and see a doctor, than wait until you get more stressed.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and wiser, that in itself, is worth the fight.

The best way to predict the future is to create it - Peter F. Drucker

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Nelson Mandela

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Robin Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: Serious Health issue - January 29th 2010, 12:16 AM

Hmm yer doesnt seem great, on an emotional level is it bad that i know i have to see a doctor yet i dont want to, i actually want the pain, not because it makes me happy but because i know i can feel pain that way, i know im still human, I hate the gripping pain but i think i deserve it.....

Closed Thread