TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Cramps maybe? - January 31st 2010, 05:40 AM

I have the worst pain I've ever had in my life. I've had a pain above my belly button on and off for two years now, and the doctor can't find anything wrong. Then I had a pain right under my right rib cage, got a ct scan and nothing's wrong so I'm going in for more tests.

Right now I'm on my period (and I'm taking birth control which actually doesn't do shit to help with cramps), so I think I have cramps? But it could be something else as well as it feels higher than it normally is. It's so bad that it's literally making me suicidal because I can't handle the pain. It comes on and off, but like five minutes ago I was on the floor crying and just rolling trying to find a way to lay that didn't hurt so bad.

If I had money I'd see if Urgent Care was open, but if it was just cramps they couldn't do anything right? On top of the pain I'm nauseas and a bit light headed. I'm about to take some sleeping pills just to try to even just chill me out.

I guess I'm just asking if anyone has any advice to make this stop, or what I should do.

Thanks,
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tiny_93 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Z

Re: Cramps maybe? - January 31st 2010, 12:37 PM

Is there any chance you could have been/might be pregnant? I know you said you're on the pill but it's less effective if you have been ill/sick or anything like that, or if you have been late taking a pill or missed one.

Instead of going to the doctors, why not try a hospital? These doctors are far more experienced and could possibly give you a diagnosis, and also stronger painkillers! Nothing traumatic had happened to set these pains off had it? I remeber being in hospital with really bad stomach cramps etc, and they tried to tell me it was because my friend had died - a traumatic experience, because nothing showed up on scans etc. But really it was appedicitus.

Keep going back to the hospital because they will find something eventually! Sorry you have to go through this. I hope it all getss better soon.

SH Free since:
22/12/09

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: Cramps maybe? - January 31st 2010, 07:04 PM

Hey Maria.

The first thing I was going to say was - could it be a cyst. But seeing as though you've had a scan I'm guessing not, although make sure you keep an eye on that idea.

Please don't feel like you can't cope with pain, there must be some strong painkiller that your doctor can prescribe, keep talking to him/her about the amount of pain your in. I wouldn't have thought you were pregnant - as I don't think that would cause you such pain.

Maybe for the time being take some mild painkiller such as paracetamol or ibuprofen, and take a hot bath or get a hot water bottle (the usual cramp solutions).

Like Laura said though, keep going back to Doctor or hospital and eventually they will have to find something, maybe ask for blood tests or something of the sort?

I hope you get this sorted soon. Keep us posted! But whatever you do - DON'T GIVE UP!

Take Care,
Claire x

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
wowcala Offline
Predictably unpredictable
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Michelle

Re: Cramps maybe? - January 31st 2010, 07:29 PM

I had the saaame horrible cramps, and I still do sometimes. I hate to take medicine for them and it never really helped so I changed my birth control and they've subsided for the most part. Maybe that's the problem?

I find it hard to believe you don't know the beauty you are, but if you don't, let me be your eyes. -TVU

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Cramps maybe? - January 31st 2010, 08:32 PM

There's no chance I'm pregnant, I haven't had sex any time even remotely recently, I'm only on the pill for cramps.

I wish I could just keep going back to the doctor, but I just don't have the money, you know? I'll go as much as I can, and I usually push going right after my parents get paid. But, I have to keep waiting for that lol.

Now it's better, or at least bearable as long as I don't move. I'm just so sick of something always being wrong with me and no one knowing what it is.

But more doctors I guess. Woo! Lol.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: Cramps maybe? - February 1st 2010, 07:59 PM

I was wondering - is there any way of talking to a doctor over the net, giving him/her your details or whatever, and getting a professional second opinion that way? Or use something like this http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/zone.asp...hCheckers_Zone I know it's not conclusive - but it's worth a try??

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Tiny_93 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Z

Re: Cramps maybe? - February 1st 2010, 08:38 PM

Oh I'm so sorry! I've literally just remembered that there are people on this site from all over the world, and that medical bills aren't always free! My apologies, truly.

I wish I could give you advice on what it may be, but I do agree with Claire above, a doctor online? Have you tried searching any of your symptoms online?

SH Free since:
22/12/09

(#8 (permalink)) Old
silentmuffin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Cramps maybe? - February 3rd 2010, 05:30 PM

I have been going through the same thing for 3 months now. Don't get discouraged!

I've been to the ER, had CT scans done, pelvic ultrasound, abdominal x-rays, gallbladder ultrasound, pelvic exam, and all the blood/urine/stool tests. No one could find anything. My primary doctor has me on medication for depression and anxiety right now. She thinks my pain might have been triggered by long-term stress.

When it started I thought it was cramps from PMS, but it seemed higher in my abdomen than that and it ended up becoming a constant feeling like I'm bruised on the inside or something. I've been taking the meds for about a month now and the pain has gotten better, but it's still there. I'm convinced there's a medical reason but no one else seems to think so. You just have to keep pushing the doctors to take you seriously.

Someone said to try going to the hospital, but in my opinion, I would advise against that. You always get a different doctor and they end up running the same tests over and over that never show anything. You might get some pain meds, but that doesn't solve the real problem. I kept going back to the ER because they kept telling me it could be appendicitis that just wasn't bad enough to show up on the tests. After going there 5 times in agony, a doctor flat out told me not to come anymore because they weren't going to solve the problem and if it's been going on for months it's clearly "not an emergency" but a chronic condition. So don't even waste your money. Stick with your regular doctor and/or get a second opinion from another doctor. I hope you figure it out, I know just how much it sucks to be in pain and have no explanation.

Aš tave myliu, Nanny. I'm carrying your love with me.

Closed Thread