TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Question Weight Loss - February 1st 2010, 09:07 PM

So I gave up on dieting. But I've learned to cook at home. I try to eat meat and vegetables with every meal. Will this help me lose weight? I'm used to eating a lot of fast food.

How much should I workout? My friend who is a trainer said I need to run on the treadmill because I already have a lot of muscle and I just need to slender down.

Is diet soda really okay, or do I need to cut that out completely as well.

I've notched I've gained much weight in past year or two. I want to get down to what I weight before. I've even considered taking a metabolism booster os some sort. Help please... I'm sick of looking like this.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Tiny_93 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Z

Re: Weight Loss - February 1st 2010, 09:13 PM

If you want to lose weight then you need to get into some sort of routine? if it can be called that. Try doing at least one hour of exercise per day, but vary it because your body will just become immune to it if you do the same over. Try not to do any more than this though because you don't want to hurt your self.

Also have a balanced diet - 3 meals a day and maybe a snack inbtween. Cut out any crisps, chocolate, fizzy drinks etc and replace them with either water, or a calcium drink.

Stick to this, and you can lose weight safely. I wouldn't try any dieting pilss or anything like that because after you stop taking them you just put all that weight back on, and maybe even more!

When it comes to snacking as i mentioned before,try fresh fruit and vegeetables. Hopefully, if you stick to this, it should work

SH Free since:
22/12/09

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Weight Loss - February 1st 2010, 09:59 PM

D= meat with every meal? You don't want that =/ Especially for weight loss you should never eat it for more than one meal. And chicken should be the optimum meat as well.
Vegetables are a good thing to eat, really hard to gain weight from vegetables (excluding carbs) but some are better than other. You should eat vegetable that are low in starch, so avoid potatoes. You should eat lots of tomato, pepper and celery and things like that.
Also aim for foods like increase your metabolic rate, like green tea.
Exercise is an important part of losing weight and avoiding malnutrition, remember that weight loss is the body needing to break down fats because your intake is lower than what's required metabolically.
Some other tips would be;
- Avoid fatty food all together
- Have a glass of water before every meal
- Don't eat before you go to bed (metabolism slows down)
- Eat breakfast (kick-starts you metabolism)
- Eat six small meals a day instead of three large ones
- Make sure you get all your nutritional requirements
- Drink more water
- And even more water
- Avoid highly processed foods
- Cook in olive oil instead of vegetable oil
And there are many many more things to do.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
hopefaithlove Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Weight Loss - February 1st 2010, 11:45 PM

You don't want meat with every meal. Chicken is more healthy! You really should not cut out on of the food groups, but instead be careful with your portion sizes. Diet soda is better than regular, but my nutritionist told me that cutting soda out all together is the best bet! Making small changes to your eating routine and exercise routine will make a HUGE difference. Simle swaps with snacks and food choices help as well! Good luck!

There is always hope. PM me anytime.
SH Free since 10.20.08

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: Weight Loss - February 2nd 2010, 01:12 AM

Not every meal, just dinner usually.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Weight Loss - February 2nd 2010, 01:23 AM

Hmm, here is the thing, meat with every meal is okay, depending on how much and what not.

On my meal plan I eat protein (usually meat) at breakfast lunch and dinner. It does not necessarily matter what type of meat it is but if you would feel more comfortable eating chicken and fish go for it.

Hope this helped. Remember just start eating healthier and you should notice a change.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: Weight Loss - February 2nd 2010, 01:47 AM

Yeah? I really hope so. I've been cooking at home... Working out a little bit. I'm sick of this.

Closed Thread